Racing/FPV Drones

Just saw the DRL championship race last week on ESPN. I'm pretty sure it's still on cable "On-Demand" channel.
If you haven't seen it I would recommend watching. Crazy fast obstacle course. Looked pretty difficult if competition is being considered.

It is very fun and super addicting!! I started building them instead of buying since its way cheaper. Theres a lot of stuff out now that are all in one instead of separate components. If you guys have questions or need help just ask, i'll help you guys get started into the fpv race world lol

Anyone here have experience with racing/fpv drones? I'm looking in to getting one but don't know what to get. Who here has a racing/fpv drone?
Your going to need a nice TX like the frsky taranis or spectrum dx6, dx7, dx8 or you can get a flysky tx since they are fairly cheap and if you decide your hooked and really like fpv then you can upgrade to frsky or spectrum.

you will also need some goggles or a fpv monitor. Eachine has one under $50 its the VR007, it is one single monitor in the goggles. Again if you decide you like fpv you can go for the Fatshark Dominator V3 or HD3 goggles.

For the bird, theres a lot of bind n' fly models out by Eachine (like the eachine wizard) These are not bad at all, they even have complete kits ready to go with the tx (minus the goggles). In my opinion now, building one yourself is a great learning expirence.

You are going to crash for sure, no way around it so spare parts like props, motors, antennas is good to have, also spare batts (average flight time of 3-4min) and a nice charger.

You can start off with a Tiny Whoop too, good cheap way to learn!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20