Quieter propellers for my P3P

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am newer to the dji phantom and was wondering if there are any quieter props for the P3P like there is for the P4?

was wondering if there are any quieter props for the P3P like there is for the P4?
Certainly their are....However...the risk is yours. There is nothing like OEM props. There have been more reported issues with the "so called" quieter props than with OEM props. Cosmetic vs Performance is an easy choice.

Certainly their are....However...the risk is yours. There is nothing like OEM props. There have been more reported issues with the "so called" quieter props than with OEM props. Cosmetic vs Performance is an easy choice.
Ok this is good to know. I wasnt sure so thats why I wanted to ask.

Now what about spare batteries? Oem best as well? I found a couple used batteries for $50 each with a few flights on them. Or is spending $90+ on new ones better?

Ok this is good to know. I wasnt sure so thats why I wanted to ask.

Now what about spare batteries? Oem best as well? I found a couple used batteries for $50 each with a few flights on them. Or is spending $90+ on new ones better?
Always go OEM when it comes to your drone. That way you make sure it wont fail you due to lack of quality. As for the batteries,I would go with new as well. They may have low use, but you don't know the full history of that piece. Was it in a crash, but looks ok, they got wet, etc.

Always go OEM when it comes to your drone. That way you make sure it wont fail you due to lack of quality. As for the batteries,I would go with new as well. They may have low use, but you don't know the full history of that piece. Was it in a crash, but looks ok, they got wet, etc.
Any certain way of telling oem and generic apart as far as batteries?

Also for dji prop. Carbon fiber vs plastic? What do you guys recommend? I have 2 sets of carbon fiber and 1 set of plastic.

I fly outside mostly but that doesnt mean I wont fly inside in the future.

Any certain way of telling oem and generic apart as far as batteries?
What I usually do is look for Authorized DJI retailer. It gives me the security that is genuine.

Also for dji prop. Carbon fiber vs plastic? What do you guys recommend? I have 2 sets of carbon fiber and 1 set of plastic.

I fly outside mostly but that doesnt mean I wont fly inside in the future.
Never tried the carbon fiber props, but have seen them. Are they any good?

Reactions: Webn237
What I usually do is look for Authorized DJI retailer. It gives me the security that is genuine.

Never tried the carbon fiber props, but have seen them. Are they any good?
I use the carbon fiber right now and i like them. They seem alot stronger then the plastic but also means it can do more damage. I saw a youtube video, and he said not to use carbon fiber blades indoors

I use the carbon fiber right now and i like them. They seem alot stronger then the plastic but also means it can do more damage. I saw a youtube video, and he said not to use carbon fiber blades indoors
Why would you fly indoors?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Ansia
Them High Speed whirling LOUD props are a warning to all bystanders " THAT we cut n slice IF you get to close to US " low speed or WFO !......its easier to pass out ear plugs to all who they annoy LOL and when your drones been away on a near out of sight mission,The sweetest sound is Of the 4 whirling props as it comes back HOME ! *FLY RESPONSIBLE* !

Not that I know of, however, I did find balancing mine did reduce the screeching by about a third.

Didn’t know you could balance the props. Curious to know how you balance them and in doing so are you not making them weaker and more susceptible to failure especially when applying full right stick forward or when coming down fast. Wouldn’t it just be easier and safer to get new props. Just want to get a better understanding as I had never heard of balancing plastic props. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Didn’t know you could balance the props. Curious to know how you balance them and in doing so are you not making them weaker and more susceptible to failure especially when applying full right stick forward or when coming down fast. Wouldn’t it just be easier and safer to get new props. Just want to get a better understanding as I had never heard of balancing plastic props. Thanks in advance.
The amount of material removed is minimal, but enough to help with the noise and vibration. Even factory new props can be out of balance, though I have found DJI to require very little adjustment.

Here's a good video which I think does a good job explaining.

The amount of material removed is minimal, but enough to help with the noise and vibration. Even factory new props can be out of balance, though I have found DJI to require very little adjustment.

Here's a good video which I think does a good job explaining.

Do you know if the p4 and p4p props are interchangeable. I see that they have a shaft for the p4 but don’t know if it will work on the p4p.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic