Quick questions about an upgrade antenna, and a switch over!

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a phantom 1 fully loaded and I have everything stuffed in the phantom shell. Would it be possible to take everything out of the phantom shell, and put it on a different platform? I have a tbs discovery that I use for long range fpv. And I love the layout. But my phantom is my filming machine, with the gimbal and such.. Next question, is there an easy way to slap a new antenna on the stock dji radio to get much better range, and a steadier link? I saw a guy on YouTube that said he's using an 8dbi tp-link antenna on the stock radio. And flew out to 3 miles... Hmm. Got any suggestions. I would really like to put my ezuhf gear in the phantom, overkill but rock solid. But I don't want to screw with it. Sometimes when filming mountain biking especially, I fly out and forget I have my stock dji radio, and all of a sudden I realize I'm in fail safe, I let it come back a little ways then I regain control manually. Thanks in advance!

Re: Quick questions about an upgrade antenna, and a switch o

http://www.fpvlr.com this user is the owner and he has lots of threads where he explains his antennas. FPVLR is the user :D handle, search for him and you will find lots of info that you are looking for. I think there is also horizon fpv antennas. your question as to a switch over... some guys have moved their Phantom v1 into a Phantom 2 shell for the added space in the battery compartment. There might also be other advantages to having the Phantom 2 shell over the Phantom V1 shell. (although remember the led light will need to be mounted somewhere and there will be a big hole where the battery went. I think those issues have been addressed in the thread that deals with this swap.. I am unable to copy and paste at this time on my tablet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj