Quick Battery Swap

Reaction score
What is the best way to execute a battery swap without having to close all apps, shutting everything down and then rebooting the remote, drone and app?

Power down your Phantom, remove the battery, insert a new battery, and power on your Phantom.

Reactions: Oso and nacraracer
Does this help ?

As above ... land .. power down AC .. pull battery ... insert next battery .. power up ... wait a few seconds for RC and GO to lock in again ... fly.

Nigel

I'v tried that but then Litchi and DJI Go says disconnected or am I just not waiting long enough?
If Litchi does not reconnect on its own, then try restarting Litchi.

When you find the process that works for you, commit it to memory and follow the same steps.

Reactions: nacraracer
It varies a little, especially on Android. I've been able to do as msinger mentioned (simply swapping out the battery) but to be honest, I'd not recommend it. I'd recommend. I think it's far better to power down the phantom, shut down the app (I clear it out of memory and just don't jump out of it) and then power up the Phantom and then bring the app up again. Personally, I think this is lest risky as leaving it running may lead to some incorrect date within the app.

I'v tried that but then Litchi and DJI Go says disconnected or am I just not waiting long enough?

Of course it says disconnected as the AC is now shut off and no comms to / from RC until you power up again ... it takes a few seconds but it will reconnect and you are good to go again.

Watch the video ... I did not modify or cheat anything there ...

Doesn't matter what P3 you have ... it will do same. My P3S did same.

Nigel

I'm 100% With You on that post tcope !

??

The logging and data fill of the tablet overwrites if it gets filled up ... so where is this problem that needs powering down and restarting ?

Don't get me wrong - with all things 'computer' - if all else fails - Hit the Tit !! Basically safest is to switch off and restart.

But honest - I have been 'hot-swapping' batts for ages ... never gave it any thought until someone on another forum had a fault in his GO ... triggering a test video above.

Nigel

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl