questions from a Newbie

Reaction score
Got a Phantom 2 with the Zenuse H3 -2D Gimbal. Found the instructions a bit confusing and couldn't figure out why the gimbal platform protrudes out in front of the Phantom when I would have thought all four rubber stabilizers should be in contact with the body...and why all the different little grommets in the kit? I finally figured out it was okay by looking at some of the ads.

Attached a Go Pro HD Black + and wondering why the thing is pointing down at rest with the power off.....? How do you control the Go Pro? Do you get to position it horizontally or vertically with the controls?

Can you use a Go Pro Hd Black and not the latest + one?

Went to to do the compass. Did the 360 and finally got it green, then did 360 again sideways and it went back to pulsing yellow and at one point flashing red. When it is having difficulty with this, should I turn everything off and start all over again?

The gimbal is powered by the P2 battery and when the P2 is not powered up, it will go limp. Once powered on, it should stabilize the camera. The X2 lever on the back of the controller controls pitch on the camera when powered up. You cannot control yaw on the camera (only by turning the quad itself). You need to calibrate both the P2 and controller via the 2 assistant software programs. My X1 channel was not functioning correctly until I calibrated it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you need to read the manual fully and read a lot more online. 3+ will work fine.

Yes start again on the compass. Assume you are in phantom mode and not in Naza mode. If you are in naza mode, make sure both the s1 and s2 are in the full up position. It will flash yellow if in naza and in atti mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj