questions before first Litchi test

Reaction score
Website
fishcrow.com
I have loaded Litchi on an iPad 2 and learned how to set up a mission. Before doing a test flight, I have a few questions.

I have read that DJI GO must be used to switch to Multiple Flight Mode. I am wondering why two apps are required, if it is necessary to keep both apps open during the flight, and if this needs to be done before each flight. What happens after switching to Multiple Flight Mode? Is there a change that remains in effect if GO is closed? Or if the controller is turned off and then back on?

After setting up a mission and saving it, can it be carried out with the following series of steps:

1. Start up in P mode and launch the P3 to the mission altitude.

2. Switch to F mode and load the mission.

3. Hit the play button to start the mission.

4. Switch back to P mode when the P3 returns to the starting position.

5. Land the P3 manually.

Please let me know if I'm missing something or if there is a better way. Thanks!

I think it would have been best to continue on your first thread, there was already a group monitoring it, that get alerts every time a post is made or added.

To all here was the beginning.
getting started with Litchi

Rod

Reactions: Fly Dawg
I am wondering why two apps are required, if it is necessary to keep both apps open during the flight, and if this needs to be done before each flight.
Absolutely not! That is a NO NO! Never run both apps at the same time.

You only have to do the Multi Flight Mode once.

And as stated don't have both apps running, and on Androids you need look in to app killers, I think.

Rod

When you do the Flight mode thing in DJI-GO, you have to be in the air, flying if a recall. :rolleyes:

Rod

I have read that DJI GO must be used to switch to Multiple Flight Mode. I am wondering why two apps are required...?
The only thing you need from the DJI Go app, is to change the setting to Enable Multiple Flight Modes.
You do that once and unless you update firmware, it should remain set.

After setting up a mission and saving it, can it be carried out with the following series of steps ...:
That's about right.
What works for me is to launch in Litchi's default FPV mode to check that everything is working properly.
Then swap to Waypoint mode and load the mission (no need to fly to mission height), press play and watch it do its stuff.
Flick the flight mode switch back to P-GPS any time you want to cancel and resume control (as long as you have signal).

Just to throw this out, if you have auto-takeoff enabled in GO, this is either stored on the RC or the AC, don't remember which off the top of my head. So, if you load your mission prior to takeoff, the AC will takeoff and fly your mission as programmed. Just make sure you do not have GO running at the same time.

I thought it might be good to start a new thread with a focused topic on a first test.
Yeah, I know, but anybody that comes across this new thread is not going to know what questions and answers you have already read.

The new thread can get cluttered with information that has already been stated. Both threads were started by you.
Us, we, or I are focused on you not the title of the thread. Its still the same new person asking beginner Litchi questions, that all can follow. ;)

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves