Questions about Litchi and Autoflightlogic

Reaction score
1. Why does my Google Earth mission set up to make waypoints to show elevation of the terrain, reverse the mission when imported into Autoflight? Am I doing something wrong? The same file imports perfectly into Litchi and shows the change in elevation at each waypoint.
2. When you have completed a mission, how do you view it to see if you got the video you need? The Go App does this, but when I go into the Go App, flights using Litchi and Autoflight are not in my iPad. Am I right in assuming that I must remove the card and carry a fast laptop computer to view the footage in the field?

3.How can I be sure that perfect focus and proper exposure is maintained during a flight with these apps? Or, should I trust to auto? The term focus in photography and cinematography seems to have a different meaning with these apps. Shouldn't "framing" be the proper word?

Don't know about 1, but for 2 litchi doesn't record the video that is sent down. You can turn on "screen recorder" which will record what is being shown on the tablet, but no real indication that the onboard recording is ok (I wouldn't automatically assume that the video on the sad card is correct just because you saved a video in the Go app either). Only way to know is to pull the card and read it on another device. There are card readers available for iPads that might work so you wouldn't need to take the laptop.
For 3, yes poor choice of words. The camera on these bird are fixed focus with a depth of focus from about 6 ft to infinity. In Litchi, 'focus' really means something like 'the point that I am looking at'. Watching your monitor will give you a pretty good idea about the exposure and you can turn 'over exposure warning' on. This will give you the zebra stripes on the monitor showing areas in the frame that are overexposed. They don't show up in the recording on the ad card! I like to have some stripes in the sky or any water in the frame, usually means good exposure n the rest of the frame.

What about recording from the HDMI out? I have a Pix EH5 that I use with a Panasonic DVX200. It records directly to Pro Res.
Also if you are flying an Inspire, what do you do about getting real sharp focus? The DJI GO APP has peaking which I use all the time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic