Questions about AMA membership

Reaction score
In the us the AMA offers membership for 75 a year . It insures you for liability and fire/theft and bodily injury . I know a lot of rc airplane club members have it . The question I have is does anybody have that membership for their DJI equipment? And will they even cover drones ? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: cstout
I have it. It also allows you to fly at AMA sanctioned fields which is a plus.

In the us the AMA offers membership for 75 a year . It insures you for liability and fire/theft and bodily injury . I know a lot of rc airplane club members have it . The question I have is does anybody have that membership for their DJI equipment? And will they even cover drones ? TIA

Yes, I have it. Yes it will cover drones should it damage something or someone. doesn't cover the drone, just damages from what it decides to occupy space with. They have a drone icon on web page next to the planes and helicopters now. You would be surprised at the damage one can cause falling from 400 ft with no propellers on it. Although in 35 years I have never submitted a claim. When faced with hitting something of value, and the ground, I choose the cheap dirt. Didn't submit claim for the one tree I felled to get glider out of it.
Besides the r/c flying fields are wide open spaces, and they require it to fly anything at most of them.

Just a caveat. AMA insurance only covers hobby flying, not any commercial operations.

Just called them and come to find out membership gives me access to a private airport a block from me . That alone is worth it . Thanks for the info !!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31