Question: RC activating tablet?

Reaction score
When I switch on the P4 controller with everything connected it doesn't activate the tablet. I'm curious if that's normal because my P3P's controllers do wake up the iPad or iPhone once it's switched on. I haven't tried to connect to the P4 yet, will try tomorrow because the AC is not here with me just the controller. Thnx for the help!

When I switch on the P4 controller with everything connected it doesn't activate the tablet. I'm curious if that's normal because my P3P's controllers do wake up the iPad or iPhone once it's switched on. I haven't tried to connect to the P4 yet, will try tomorrow because the AC is not here with me just the controller. Thnx for the help!
It should work with the aircraft .... what you're observing is normal.

Thanks a lot for your help Meta4, you guys are on top of it as always! ;)

Yep the AC is not connecting, I mean it connects to the Tx but not to the tablet (display says "disconnected") with no image from the P4 cam. I've installed an iTelite DBS02 panel, it should work but maybe the ribbon cable is lose or broken. Will run some tests, if someone have any tips to deal with this I appreciate, thanks!

Fixed! Indeed the issue is at the ribbon cable that connects the main board to the com board (USB). It's very delicate and I had to replace it, tested on one of my older P3P controllers and it's not working. A nudge here and there makes it work but I believe it's not usable anymore.

And also as I feared, if the Tx doesn't wake up the tablet once it's turned ON, then something is wrong. Better stop and go back to working on that main/con board connection and the ribbon serial cable/ports. Just like with the P3...

When I turn on my controller with my iPad connected - with or without the copter on - the iPad always 'wakes' if it was 'sleeping'. I'm pretty sure this is normal, and anything else would be suspect...as you found out. I too did that controller mod and know exactly what ribbon cable you are referring too.

Incidentally, this is why I never take off from a location that would not allow for an unobstructed RTH. Let's say you take off from under a tree or balcony or other overhang and head off for a nice little flight. Then, the controller fails for some reason. RTH kicks in eventually, and toward the end of it, things very likely begin to go quite badly, and you are probably right there to watch it all play out...

When I turn on my controller with my iPad connected - with or without the copter on - the iPad always 'wakes' if it was 'sleeping'. I'm pretty sure this is normal, and anything else would be suspect...as you found out. I too did that controller mod and know exactly what ribbon cable you are referring too.

Incidentally, this is why I never take off from a location that would not allow for an unobstructed RTH. Let's say you take off from under a tree or balcony or other overhang and head off for a nice little flight. Then, the controller fails for some reason. RTH kicks in eventually, and toward the end of it, things very likely begin to go quite badly, and you are probably right there to watch it all play out...

Nice thinking, indeed makes sense but to be honest I've never, ever had a controller failure during flight in all these yrs since I got a P2. Of any kind - only tablet issues, and those were few maybe two or 3 at most.

Whenever I open a controller, I test everything and if it's OK during activation then it's usually good for flight. This specific cable is what I've found more prone to failure since it connects two parts of the controller (main board and con board) that must be apart to allow service. But as I said it usually shows when something's wrong right away, and once it's locked good inside then it's all fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20