[Question] How to pull out "height" "H/S" "V/S" data?

Reaction score
Trying to add height, horizontal speed and vertical speed to my video... Anybody knows how pull out these data from DJI Pilot?

Sometimes it will record your data as a "subtitle" for your video. Scan the settings again because I can't remember but I definitely saw an overlay with GPS cords and hs vs and agl. And the only way to get rid of it was turning English subtitles off.

+1
can the overlay/app window be captured in any way in sync or at the same time as the video feed?

It's under Camera Settings under Video Caption. Turn it on. Creates a separate .SRT file for each video, which contains sync'd flight data and camera settings, which can be displayed over the video as an optional subtitle, depending upon your video player. It's basically latitude and longitude, as well as altitude in meters, and exposure information.
image.jpg

Reactions: taroh
I don't do iTunes. So that must be the .SRT file, if you have video caption turned on, except the .SRT fle only gets recorded to the micro SD card, along with the video. What is the file extension of the file you are seeing? Is it .txt? Have you instead looked at the .DAT log file on the P3P that corresponds to the flight? You need to use the Pilot app to put the P3 into "Enter Flight Data Mode", under Advanced Settings, and then hook up the DJI supplied USB cable to the P3 and your computer and copy them off. You'll need a program to read them, which can be found at www.MapsMadeEasy.com/log_viewer but it only plots some of the data and shows the map of the flight. Anyone have access to a .DAT file reader that will convert it to .csv?
image.jpg

Last edited:
It's under Camera Settings under Video Caption. Turn it on. Creates a separate .SRT file for each video, which contains sync'd flight data and camera settings, which can be displayed over the video as an optional subtitle, depending upon your video player. It's basically latitude and longitude, as well as altitude in meters, and exposure information.
View attachment 23450
I use vlc.. Any idea how to display srt or what app to use on win8?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic