Question about Wifi Controller and Signal

As they say in my part of the world, I think you're having a laff! Nowhere does it say on the link you gave that it will fit a P3-4K.
Despite the confusion, you have not yet said which A/C you have. Can you say troll?

As they say in my part of the world, I think you're having a laff! Nowhere does it say on the link you gave that it will fit a P3-4K.
Despite the confusion, you have not yet said which A/C you have. Can you say troll?

I did say that it would work but the company corrected itself and said they had a separate unit for the P3-4K. And yes I have said I have a P3-4K. Now if you could stop worrying about little stuff and help me with my basic questions I would appreciate it. Sorry I haven't been flying drones long and learning about them. Guess you were just born with the knowledge. All I'm asking is how to increase range so I can fly further than a couple hundred feet high and a few hundred out. Sorry if that's not the correct terminology but it's what I'm calling it. I'll ask again does the Wifi booster that is installed in controller really help or no?

First ... we have been trying to get to the actual model you have ... because all P3's are different !! If we cannot identify which model you have - we cannot help.

Phantom 3 4K - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO - DJI

So Control is by 5.8Ghz and Video by 2.4Ghz ...

Basically you could put a Windsurfer on each antenna ... Windsurfer works with any frequency as all it does is reflect signal back so all is projected forward and not lost at sides and behind.
That should give you a few hundred feet more.

As to antenna systems and boosters ?? I'd need to have the P3 4K in front of me to suggest.

Nigel

First ... we have been trying to get to the actual model you have ... because all P3's are different !! If we cannot identify which model you have - we cannot help.

Phantom 3 4K - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO - DJI

So Control is by 5.8Ghz and Video by 2.4Ghz ...

Basically you could put a Windsurfer on each antenna ... Windsurfer works with any frequency as all it does is reflect signal back so all is projected forward and not lost at sides and behind.
That should give you a few hundred feet more.

As to antenna systems and boosters ?? I'd need to have the P3 4K in front of me to suggest.

Nigel

Thanks for the feedback. Thought it was determined I had P3-4K. Just a curious question. Why would you have to have in front of you? No experience with them? Last is there that big of a difference as far as range is concerned in the
P3-4K (which I have) and the P3 Pro??

Thank you

Sorry....................still think you're a troll.

oh yea..... why do you think that? You know what I really don't give a **** what you think. Not sure of the rules on here so I'll just say double middle finger to you.

I believe it is just a misnomer on the part of the OP. My bet is that he has a P3-4K and he is sticking "pro" in there mistakenly, maybe because he was told it was a Pro by the "friend" who sold it to him.

No my "friend" did not tell me that. I mistakenly thought that's what it was. Didn't do ANY research I just had 300 bucks laying around and thought I'd have some fun with a drone. Wasn't life changing money so I just bought it. Now after using it I realize I enjoy it and would like to do certain things with it. If I can mod mine to improve range of video great! If not I'll just have to sell and get another one.

Last edited:
If I can mod mine to improve range of video great! If not I'll just have to sell and get another one.

There are plenty of things you can do to improve range. You basically have the same control/video links as the P3 Standard, which others have flown to several thousand feet range quite easily. The single best thing you can do for a good link range is absolutely free..... find a good flying site. Find a site that gives you high ground for launching over unobstructed terrain, with an open sky and clear line-of-sight, and without any urban wifi interference near you or the bird. You'll find your range is far better than a few hundred feet.

If you want to install new antennas, and amplifiers, that can improve your range further, but don't expect to "burn through" dense foliage or hills. That won't happen. The propagation path will be the most important factor that limits your range, not your antennas, though better antennas can make a bigger difference when the path is relatively clear.

Thunder ,,,I've got miles of open flat land in front of my house,,I feel very lucky to be able to live and fly here,,no wifi interference,,no one around
560eff353fcb3252310dd6bd3abe0ad3.jpg

Thunder ,,,I've got miles of open flat land in front of my house,,I feel very lucky to be able to live and fly here,,no wifi interference,,no one around
560eff353fcb3252310dd6bd3abe0ad3.jpg

Oh the possibilities with that land! Fixed wing RC runway, RC offroad track, RC onroad track.

Thanks for the feedback. Thought it was determined I had P3-4K. Just a curious question. Why would you have to have in front of you? No experience with them? Last is there that big of a difference as far as range is concerned in the
P3-4K (which I have) and the P3 Pro??

Thank you

Why in front of me ? To view, ponder and decide what antenna improvements could be made. I don't have a P3 4K ... so all I can go on is a few photos online that actually do not show the antenna very well.

Too many people jump in with 'their ideas to fix' and its obvious that many of them are just passing on what they think is OK without actually seeing the article.

Sorry to be blunt - but its true.

Nigel

He says he looses signal tho

True ... but as so often happens - there are questions and when details start being pieced together it can often be something quite simple or overlooked by a beginner.
Already here - we have a mixup in OP's claim of what P3 he has ...

No disrespect to OP.

Nigel

Something that I do not have an answer too....How come my WiFi signal in my home network is so limited in range but these drones can stay connected to a WiFi signal when it travels the distance some of you guys have been flying? I have a P3 Standard....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT