Question About RTH

Reaction score
So, I am positive my question has already been covered, and I read through the manual but most of the limits I'm going toward aren't recommended but I wanted to test something, so my apologies if this is basic to many of you but I am still quite the novice! :)

The situation is as follows: I made a DIY Windsurfer and wanted to get a control (stock) distance before seeing if they windsurfer made any difference, and while testing the control flight, my phone lost connection (DJI Go App) but RTH was not activated. My drone just hovered there, I panicked and didn't even think about using the controller to return the drone from just visual line of sight alone. So it just hovered there for a good 5ish minutes (thank God I didn't send it out with low battery) and I was thinking about how to get it home.

So finally, after a few panicked moments I just used the joystick to see if I could still control the bird and it started moving. Breathed a sigh of relief and manually brought it back.

In this situation, I assume because I still had RC control, that RTH was not activated. So my question is, what is the order for things that go first before RTH is activated?

Today's test makes me feel like you can push the bird, it loses control with the app, but RC control is still there, and then you can push it further by merely holding the right joystick forward, and then finally RTH is activated.

Is that how it is supposed to go? Thank you for clearing up my noobiness. :)

RTH is not activated until the remote controller signal is lost for 3 seconds.

And we've heard many stories here where the app connection is lost before control is. Clue was that it hovered until you input a control signal (that is moved a stick). Sounds like you handled yourself pretty well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr