Question about prop reaming?

Reaction score
I picked up some APC Slo-Flyer 9x4.7 props to try out.

Clearly I need to use a reamer to to get the to 8mm for my stock motors. So do I simply disregard the flat sides of the motor shaft and just rely on the prop nut to lock them down safely to the motors?

Yes, then tighten down tighter than stock. Carbon?
You can also use a .315" reamer. ;)

MX45OR said:
Yes, then tighten down tighter than stock. Carbon?
You can also use a .315" reamer. ;)

Cheapo plastic.

viewimage.php

Alex said:

Clearly I need to use a reamer to to get the to 8mm for my stock motors. So do I simply disregard the flat sides of the motor shaft and just rely on the prop nut to lock them down safely to the motors?

The APC props are great! requiring almost no balancing!
(i've been flying with the 8x3.8, pondering trying out the 4.7's,. . tho my Phantom is heavy so I dunno).

But I used these fiber washers underneath my props (between prop and motor) to add some height

available at serious hardware stores, such as True value

http://wedo.hillmangroup.com/item/rubbe ... ers/3819-k

Gizmo3000 said:
Alex said:

The APC props are great! requiring almost no balancing!
(i've been flying with the 8x3.8, pondering trying out the 4.7's,. . tho my Phantom is heavy so I dunno).

But I used these fiber washers underneath my props (between prop and motor) to add some height

available at serious hardware stores, such as True value

http://wedo.hillmangroup.com/item/rubbe ... ers/3819-k

Hah, serious stores... Yeah, they were pretty close, I used the scotch tape trick to get them perfect. The 9" just clears the hull, so I think that's it. Will have a test flight tomorrow and report back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20