Quadrifilar Antennas on P3S Controller

Reaction score
I did a quick search and didn't really find anything on using Quadrifilar antennas on a remote. I have panel antennas for long range, but I wanted something for very good reception at closer range as well since the panels are mainly directional. I found a guy who builds and sells these on Ebay and decided to give them a try. They are similar to Clover antennas, but have a somewhat stronger signal when pointing at the bird, rather than the big circle the Clover would have.

So far, anything under about 1,500 ft is crystal clear no matter what direction I point the remote, but signal starts dropping out to about 2,000 ft. I like using these for follow me mode and anytime I'm not flying far.

Just passing along the info since I read so much other good stuff on here.

[file]Quadrifilar|thumb|none|border[/file]

All of that and you are still getting dropouts at 2000'?! Something seems amiss.

What's amiss is he's transmitting in circular and trying to receive it with linear antennas...

OP - you should give ITELITE a try

Just a note, I get over 10k ft with my panels, but I was wanting something Omni for short distances since the panels don't work well with follow-me mode and such. Omni isn't for long distance.

Reactions: Squirrel!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31