Wjm

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The earth pyramids of Euseigne are one of the most important geological sights in the Alps and are protected monuments.
The earth cones are 10 to 15 meters high and most of them are protected by a rock lodged on the top.
The cones were created in the end phase of the last Ice Age, about 80,000 to 10,000 years ago.
When the ice retreated, glacier tongues left enormous piles of debris behind, which contained boulders.
Rain and meltwater gradually freed these boulders.
While the water continued to erode and carve out the area surrounding the boulders, these rocks served as protective caps for the soil underneath them, enabling the formation of the well-known natural monuments.

Very cool... I have something like that here in New Mexico!!! I’m gonna have to look thru my files and share with you!

Reactions: Wjm
IMG_0814.jpg
IMG_0811.jpg
IMG_0795.jpg
IMG_0793.jpg
IMG_0799.jpg
IMG_0781.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0778.jpg
    IMG_0778.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 199
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The earth pyramids of Euseigne are one of the most important geological sights in the Alps and are protected monuments.
The earth cones are 10 to 15 meters high and most of them are protected by a rock lodged on the top.
The cones were created in the end phase of the last Ice Age, about 80,000 to 10,000 years ago.
When the ice retreated, glacier tongues left enormous piles of debris behind, which contained boulders.
Rain and meltwater gradually freed these boulders.
While the water continued to erode and carve out the area surrounding the boulders, these rocks served as protective caps for the soil underneath them, enabling the formation of the well-known natural monuments.

These are some of them. I have video of another site somewhere. I might have to take a drive tomorrow and get better video

These are some of them. I have video of another site somewhere. I might have to take a drive tomorrow and get better video
Thanks looking forward to see it, thanks for the share.

It is probably the same principle with the hard cap rock. Where was the glacier ? LOL

Hahaaaa I think the concept out here is that these were lava vents. The lava rock cooled in the vents and thru erosion the land and dirt was removed and the “tents” were left

Google Maps: Report Inappropriate Image

This isn’t my picture but I’ll be heading out there this week maybe and get some video [emoji2]

Gorgeous work and smooth flying Wjm. Sincerely appreciate the explanation of the formations. Thanks for sharing with us!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.