Put Phantom vision Props on Phantom V.1.

It's not worth modding. Until DJI releases non-self-tightening versions of the 9443 props (they may be coming, their propulsion rep made reference to that just today), your best bet is one of the many different "knockoff" 9443s on ebay and other places that have the keyed 8mm holes for older Phantoms. That's what I'm using now, and other than requiring a good amount of balancing, the props work great.

ElGuano said:
(they may be coming, their propulsion rep made reference to that just today)

:shock: Did (s)he say the same for the 12" version? I'm dying to try those on my 550.

@lefty: We're assuming your motors aren't cross-threaded for even the regular black/silver prop nuts, correct? That would be the case on a 1.0 and (I think) 1.1 Phantom, but not a 1.2 or 1.1.1...those can take the Vision props with no modifications. But otherwise ElGuano is right, there's easier viable options already available.

Yes you can use the 9" vision props on a phantom 1 series as long as the phantom has two black and two silver prop lock nuts. I have them on my version 1.2 and achived a 25% increase in flight time. I didn't mess with the gain settings and have found with flying about 10 packs it is not necessary to mess with them.

3rd post down mr game show has a link . I would think about putting on knock offs on your bird is the cheap props worth putting on $4-500 bird and if you have a gimbal and cam another $6-700 ? I will not fly my knock offs anymore I have seen to many posts on here and other forums of crashes and erratic behavior with knock offs just something to think about .
GL!
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7502

I've been using 3rd party and knockoff props since day one with my Phantom. I have 3 sets of 8045s and 6 sets of 9443s, all non-self-tightening to fit my v1.1. They've all needed balancing but have all proven to be great flyers, reliable, and sturdy (surviving minor bumps, scrapes, and tree-meets). I have a lot of $ invested in my Phantom and personally I have no worries running knockoff props if they do well on visual inspection and test flight.

ElGuano said:
I've been using 3rd party and knockoff props since day one with my Phantom. I have 3 sets of 8045s and 6 sets of 9443s, all non-self-tightening to fit my v1.1. They've all needed balancing but have all proven to be great flyers, reliable, and sturdy (surviving minor bumps, scrapes, and tree-meets). I have a lot of $ invested in my Phantom and personally I have no worries running knockoff props if they do well on visual inspection and test flight.
Same here. I originally had the 1.0 non-self tightening engines/props(all 4 silver nuts), and was flying with the e-bay knock-off's. Did all my gain adjustments with them.
But, sadly-I over-tightened one of the prop nuts, to the point that the threaded rod out of the engine, snapped off!!! So, I replaced all 4 of my engines with the newer, self-tightening engines.
I used the DJI Vision props(self tightening, built-in nuts), and flew them a bit, then went back to my e-bay knock-off's, with black/silver nuts, and actually prefer those.

Now that may be because I have no ability to balance the DJI props with the built in nuts(yes-seen plenty of "how too" video's on youtube....but I don't have that type of balancer). But, right now-the "cheap" e-bay ones are a permanent fixture on my Phantom 1.0.

Some people may need to re-adjust their gains.
There's a whole other thread on just this subject here; http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6817

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl