Purchasing Phantom 3 Batteries

Dunno about you - but I tend to find latterly I use my after market more than the original .. you ?
I rotate them so I am not using any particular battery more than the others. My DJI one is the oldest (3 years old), whereas 2 PowerExtras are almost 3 years while the 3rd PowerExtra is 2 years old. I generally get around 16 min of flight time out of all 4 batteries. As soon as Flight time stars to significantly decrease I will start replacing them. I hope to be flying my P3S for a long time yet ?.

Chris

I try to land with about 35% or more to save charging up for auto-storage. Its only when I go for long flights up the river etc. that I push further - but still aim for about 30%.

But I do find myself picking up the 3rd party ones more often ... I used to rotate religiously but have got lazy about it.

Each of my 3 will be calling it a day on average about 18 mins in my P3P ... I've never had 20mins or more even with my P3S ...

I try to land with about 35% or more to save charging up for auto-storage. Its only when I go for long flights up the river etc. that I push further - but still aim for about 30%.

But I do find myself picking up the 3rd party ones more often ... I used to rotate religiously but have got lazy about it.

Each of my 3 will be calling it a day on average about 18 mins in my P3P ... I've never had 20mins or more even with my P3S ...
I fly quite frequently usually a couple of times a week divided between my P3S and Spark depending on what I am doing. I usually try to land just after I get to 30% usually between 25 - 30%. After my batteries have cooled I charge them back to full so I am ready for the next flight. If they end up sitting for a few days I will top them up before I go out.

Chris

I fly quite frequently usually a couple of times a week divided between my P3S and Spark depending on what I am doing. I usually try to land just after I get to 30% usually between 25 - 30%. After my batteries have cooled I charge them back to full so I am ready for the next flight. If they end up sitting for a few days I will top them up before I go out.

Chris

I hope you have suitable auto-discharge time set on them ?? Charging up and leaving full is not good for LiPo's

If there is a seller that is a member and a contributor to this forum, I try and purchase from them first. I note that msinger is an authorized vendor, a regular contributor here, and if I were looking foe OEM batteries, I would check with him first.

I hope you have suitable auto-discharge time set on them ?? Charging up and leaving full is not good for LiPo's
Usually they are not left full for more than a few days. The problem for me is planning my flights. Sometimes weather gets in the way or life so I like to be ready to go.

Chris

Usually they are not left full for more than a few days. The problem for me is planning my flights. Sometimes weather gets in the way or life so I like to be ready to go.

Chris

I appreciate the dilemma ... but you obviously know that as soon as a LiPo is in the upper charge levels degradation starts immediately ... and is accumulative.

Even if I'm going to fly next day - I don't charge up till just before needed ...

I live in Homer,Alaska. I have bought many, many new and used phantom 3 batteries on eBay. There is several very trustworthy vendors on eBay that I specifically get batteries from. Search for couturemobile or trublue884. They are my top sellers. They tell you how many charge cycles are on each battery and the shipping is cheap. I have never received a bad battery from these 2 sellers. And there are others on eBay also. The last battery order I made was from a person on auction for 4 batteries. I won the auction for $99.00 with &10.00 shipping. They all had under 19 charges. Best thing,,,They all ship to Alaska ??

I appreciate the dilemma ... but you obviously know that as soon as a LiPo is in the upper charge levels degradation starts immediately ... and is accumulative.

Even if I'm going to fly next day - I don't charge up till just before needed ...
I could probably be better at managing my batteries but sometimes I am not sure I’ll be going out until just before I go and wouldn’t have time to wait for charging. Where I live, I can’t fly just out my door and have to Drive to a location to fly, then usually hike down a trail.

My three year old batteries are still doing pretty good as I usually start with 95%, fly for around 16 minutes and land around 30%. My batteries that are 3 years old range from 90 - 120 charge cycles.

Chris

I could probably be better at managing my batteries but sometimes I am not sure I’ll be going out until just before I go and wouldn’t have time to wait for charging. Where I live, I can’t fly just out my door and have to Drive to a location to fly, then usually hike down a trail.

My three year old batteries are still doing pretty good as I usually start with 95%, fly for around 16 minutes and land around 30%. My batteries that are 3 years old range from 90 - 120 charge cycles.

Chris

Probably because your system effectively cycles the packs frequently enough ....

In good weather periods - my LiPo's are literally in constant charged state because I am flying as often as I can ... but as soon as a day or so drops into the equation - storage charge !

I too have to drive to regular RC flying since we lost our site across the road when they re-activated the airport. (Still has no traffic other than odd Rescue Helis and visiting NATO).

BestBuy has the batteries(p3) for $75.99 close out. Just ordered one. They are OEM,,,no telling how old they are.

I know its in UK .... but I am seeing a lot of times adverts for Green Cell P3 batterys ... and price is not so bad ...

I have 3 batterys at moment that seem to be holding up well .... so not an urgent matter for me yet.
l have been trying to buy new p3 batteries but have never managed to receive them l choose 2 ata a time wait 7 weeks and end up saying it hasnt arrived & getting a full refund. Where are U seeing green cell batteries?

l have been trying to buy new p3 batteries but have never managed to receive them l choose 2 ata a time wait 7 weeks and end up saying it hasnt arrived & getting a full refund. Where are U seeing green cell batteries?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.