Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Help.

Re: Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Hel

Moverio with PV2+ video, hope it helps some.....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8AYeysR9t8[/youtube]

Thanks for the video. Really helpful. Unfortunately royal mail don't understand the concept of next day delivery on a Saturday so mine are currently sat in a sorting office until Monday :(

Can't wait to get them on Monday though :)

Finally got chance to play with the BT 200s tonight. First impressions are very good.

I'm a glasses wearer so will have to get some prescription lenses fitted to the provided inserts. From playing around with them over normal glasses I found the ability to get sharp clear text 'fussy'. I do think this is mainly down to having normal glasses on as well. One thing I noticed is that without glasses the text is very blurry, I assume due to alignment problems. I could get almost perfect sharp picture by messing about so quite hopeful fitted lenses will sort that minor issue.

Rooted and installed all the usual google apps but still had to sideload DJI vision as it appears as incompatible in the play store.

Once installed I connected to the quad and got setup 640x480 30 fps preview and confirm with the fpvlr x3 kit it seems to be working just as well as my N5. Not had chance to test in flight yet as it was dark when I got home from work tonight. Will update once I get chance to test at a decent distance.

Not vision related but Netflix, YouTube and play movies also work great. Some of the 3d side by side YouTube videos were very impressive to watch.

For anyone who also plays Ingress I've tested and this also works. Its not perfect by any means, its designed for portrait mode and you need a utility like set orientation which locks the screen in landscape mode and results in a squashed display. I'll see if things can be improved with exposed framework. This might be a possible way of helping with centerings the video preview feed without having to hide the telemetry data in the vision app as well.

First impression [emoji106]

Miracast also works well as a receiver for my N5 as well so I'll give that a try as soon as i get chance as it might make a good way of using ground station more easily. I would hate to try to plan a mission using the Epson touchpad to input anything. I think the phantom battery would be flat before you managed it [emoji57]

Aarrgghhh. Stupidly updated OTA R1.1.0 and now can't get root back. Tried baidu & framaroot but both fail. Anyone know how to get root on latest release firmware?

EDIT: my stupidity can be excused. Managed to get root back again [emoji108] so will continue with experiments using exposed framework to see if the little niggles can be worked around.

how did you regain root? using the same blue icon chinese tool? this is still preventing me from upgrading, also since there is no info on what gets improved.....

I found an English language translation of baidu which done the trick. I tried the Chinese version twice after upgrading with no luck until I stumbled on the translated version. The English version won't auto upgrade but if you cancel the upgrade and get on with the rest of the published process it works fine.

I've got my google account signed in, play store and all the usual google apps working and using market helper to trick play store into letting me download all the apps that don't usually show up.

The English baidu is called 'Baidu Easy Root( En Version ).apk' but if you can't find it on the interweb send me a message and I'll share it with you via google drive or something.

Finally got to go out flying today in lovely weather. The whole experience is sooooo much nicer wearing these glasses [emoji3]

With fpvlr antennas the 640x480 30fps was just as stable long range as my N5. Only took it out to around 2,500 feet today but I felt much more confident being able to see the fpv feed without having to look down at the phone. Used the darker shades and had no trouble seeing the screen and still being aware of my surroundings. I did find wearing a hoody helped make the image more clear by stopping daylight bleeding round the sides.

Framing shots is so much easier and once your out at the limits of actually seeing your quad the large floating screen really helps in getting it lined up to bring it home without having to use home lock.

If anyone is thinking of getting these I can highly recommend them. Yes, you look a bit of a tit but again the hoody help disguise that [emoji6]

Anyone get GS (Ground Station) in the newest DJI app update to work on the Epson BT 200?

Is it not opening because location services is not turn on?
Both Google Earth and Google Maps can't find my location on the Epson.. but GPS Test works.

Like to watch and tilt with the Epson googles on a GS Flight Waypoint flight..

Now the SDK is released who here has the talent and desire to code a special version of the app to use the sensors built into the bt200 to draw an overlay on the video feed with a little cross that shows where the phantom is as you move your head around?

When going out to longer than normal distance it would be fantastic to have an overlay showing the phantoms actual location to help with aiming antennas correctly [emoji106]

i just bought the BT200, but the radar on DJI APP not working properly, when my vision+ point to north, the radar show it going east, I'm not sure what's wrong for my setting but when i using iPad , everything back to normal.can anyone help me?

Thanks

Its the same for everyone using Moverio , the radar is off , and ground station does not work,

I have no trouble with the radar being off. Works perfectly. For those having trouble have you tried compass calibration?

Ground station I've not even bothered with as I think the touch pad would make setting up a mission more trouble than its worth. Tablets work fine for gs

yes I calibrate the compass regularly , my problem is that the phantom direction arrow in radar is about 90 degrees off , if I use iPad the direction is correct, what did you change to get correct reading on the Moverio?
I agree about the ground station far easier to use mobile device.

wetauser said:
yes I calibrate the compass regularly , my problem is that the phantom direction arrow in radar is about 90 degrees off , if I use iPad the direction is correct, what did you change to get correct reading on the Moverio?
I agree about the ground station far easier to use mobile device.
I didn't change anything. Mine just works providing I've calibrated recently. No idea if its important or not but I'm always stood behind it facing the same way as the quad when I power on.

Edit: when I say I've not changed anything I forgot to mention mine are fully rooted with all google services installed so maybe that also makes a difference?

I found out this morning that the arrow on the radar points where I want, just by moving my head,must be though the head tracking,thought it strange that direction arrow worked some but not all .

Cannot find how to disable head tracking anybody know?

A few questions.
Do they work with a P2 non-V?
If the glasses are off, are they clear to see through?
How long does the battery typically last on a full charge?
Also, using in dark situations, is light flashing off your face?
And should I try to get the R or the D version?
Thanks, these seem pretty darn cool.

auen1 said:
A few questions.
Do they work with a P2 non-V?
If the glasses are off, are they clear to see through?
How long does the battery typically last on a full charge?
Also, using in dark situations, is light flashing off your face?
And should I try to get the R or the D version?
Thanks, these seem pretty darn cool.
Not sure how they would work with the none vision as you need to run an android app on the glasses to see a video feed. If your setup has an app that runs under android ICS then no reason why they shouldn't work.

Battery seems to give a good 5 or 6 hours use but you can also plug them into any USB power, I use an external battery pack to keep my repeater powered so can easily top them up when required.

I've used mine in dark conditions and had no problem. You obviously don't get to see a lot of your surroundings but you can still see through them. The view through the glasses is not 100% clear when not powered up as they have prisms in the lens that let you see the floating screen but they ain't bad. Downside is you look a **** in public [emoji6] but they are cool. Lol

wetauser said:
I found out this morning that the arrow on the radar points where I want, just by moving my head,must be though the head tracking,thought it strange that direction arrow worked some but not all .

No one else noticed this,am I the only one? if I sit behind the PV2+ looking at it and move my head up and down(not side to side) the drone direction arrow moves from side to side, flips between 270 degrees and 90 degrees. compass arrow also moves.

This makes this feature useless.

I have the R version of the glasses

on early post I unserstood, that USB charging IS NOT working. Moverio manual tells anything about it, only AC power charging is sure.
Pretty useless on roadtrip, then.

And no way to share videofeed to someone next to You, for example - put glasses to someones head and fly Yourself vision to give idea what FPV is. Did anyone tried this with Cinemizers? Iphone hdmi and videofeed in glasses should do the trick?

Wifi video feeding is also not an option, two wifi connections are ruling out this? FPV is not still there.

wetauser said:
wetauser said:

No one else noticed this,am I the only one? if I sit behind the PV2+ looking at it and move my head up and down(not side to side) the drone direction arrow moves from side to side, flips between 270 degrees and 90 degrees. compass arrow also moves.

This makes this feature useless.

I have the R version of the glasses

Can not this be turned off in the software - not the DJI software but the BT200 software.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor