Purchase from DJI "store"

Reaction score
After hearing about the new improved Phantom 2, I decided to order one from DJI directly from their website... I provided the appropriate Credit Card info and was told to provide a copy of my drivers license etc. etc. etc ??? Has anyone else had an issue with DJI on a credit card purchase? I would like to purchase one of the updated Phantoms for the $579.00 price, but what the hell is up? Having never purchased from China, is this common practice? Thanks, Rod.

I haven't purchased from the DJI Store, but I do purchase from China on a regular basis. I have NOT to this point been required provide DL info however, I have had to notify my bank and CC company to open China transactions in my account. Seems like too much personal info on the DL as a requirement for purchase. I would be interested in their reasoning behind that requirement before I shared that with anyone. When you find out more, please update us here.

As a victim of identity theft, I would not post a photo of my drivers license to the internet, regardless of who was asking.

China? My DJI Store purchase came from California.

After my refusal to provide the requested information, I asked for my order to be cancelled and my Credit Card information be deleted. DJI China complied... Is there a U.S.A. retailer who has these "updated" Phantom 2's in stock? Thanks!

Never heard of such a thing. I've ordered 3 times from them and never been asked for my DL. But then again it might be cause I pay with PayPal.

I was going to go with PayPal but I decided that a Credit Card may provide a better recourse if things went ///ways. I'll just pay the extra when they become the "new" Standard Phantom. Thanks for all the replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez