Pulled out antenna wire.. Options?

Reaction score
Last night while attempting to access my USB port disaster struck. :evil: The small black antenna wire got pulled out of the fitting on the transmitter.. I removed the silicon around the small coax cable and now have the fitting and the wire. It was not crimped very tight and I think that way have been a reason it pulled out. So now what are my options. Is the fitting actually soldered onto the end of the wire or is it just slipped into the fitting and then the ends compressed? I am perfectly happy with the stock antenna and would like to stick with it. But if I don't have another option what would that be?

Thanks!

normally thats just a crimp on connector and very hard to get them to recrimp properly. Tho you can try to see if you can take a needle or tiny screw driver and see if you can unbend the crimp tabs near were the wire goes in back up before trying to reinsert the wire and re crimping it. and you may get lucky and get it back in right. There is a hole in the center that you need to get the center wire to go in to. and the outter conduter on the wires sheilding needs to contact the brass on the plug for it to work right.

Only ways to know you have it right tho are if you have some way to check that you have a completed circuit such as a multimeter that lets you chech for continuity and should have a complete circuit from the out side of the plug up and threw the antenna and then back threw to the center conductor. Or you will have to just try and fly it after and see if you have any range. If you got it right it should be the same as before if not then range will be real short.

IF you cant get it back on maybe you can find any one thats replaced there stock antenna with a modded one and see if you can get theres from them. I had one my self I would of offered but I broke mine and screwed the wire up while dissecting it. and cutting the white plastic off the out side to get to the insides.

Other options would be to use another stock replacement antenna for any other transmitter that is the same frequency. an have the same thing just will be black. Or get a mini pci to rp-sma plug and do the replaceable antenna mod and use any size 5.8Ghz antenna you can get and you will have the same or more range then you already have with the stock even if you only use a 2 or even a 3 dbi antenna for it.

It was a failure to attach the small pci connector. I had it and then it shifted and I wasn't able to get continuity back. So looks like I am trying to do an antenna mod. Hopefully radio shack or best buy carries the adapters and antennas. I will be after them in the morning. I didn't figure this out until it was to late!

I think you will like the added range you get when you do this upgrade. You can try a variety of antennas. So far I like using the directional antenna as you get the most range.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl