Protect your Phantom - One-stop-shop for Drone Insurance

Reaction score
Hi all,

It took us a while but I'm very happy to update you that SkyWatch.AI is now offering hull insurance directly through our mobile app.
The hull insurance is a part of our monthly plan and covers drones, mounted equipment and related paraphernalia.

All drone pilots can now get their drone protected with an efficient and affordable solution directly through their mobile.

We would like to thank the SkyWatch.aI test-pilot community who helped us build and improve this service with their awesome feedback through the whole process.

I'd be happy to get your feedback and provide assistance.

Currently available only in the US

View attachment 948

They don't cover Puerto Rico. App says we are international. Last time I checked, we are part of USA.

Currently available only in the US
Ok just to clarify things if I crash my drone outside the US, will the insurance cover for it or not? Also, I usually attach a trackimo tracking device during the day and lume cube during the night will that also be covered?

Indeed we still have a few limitations that we are working in order to solve in 4 locations: New York, Kentucky, North Dakota and Puerto Rico.
The insurance is currently active only within the US.

The tracking device can be covered just add it under equipment/other.

Ok just to clarify things if I crash my drone outside the US, will the insurance cover for it or not? Also, I usually attach a trackimo tracking device during the day and lume cube during the night will that also be covered?

Costs ? coverage amounts ? better then State farm at $60 a year ? full replacement ? So this is commercial drone ins ? liability per job by the hour or day or month ?

We offer both on-demand hourly and monthly plans.
The monthly plan includes liability and hull, while the hourly insurance is liability only, based on real-time risk analysis and customer customization.

The hull coverage includes drones (of any kind not just commercial), mounted equipment and any other equipment which is directly related to the drone. Cases, lenses and spare parts are included while your mobile device or tablet are not.

The premiums are based on declared value, you can easily enter your drone and equipment through the app and get live quote. Note that the premium for the drone includes Safety Score discounts up to 30%. Full replacement is part of the coverage (like in cases of fly-aways or theft) or covering the fix.

Costs ? coverage amounts ? better then State farm at $60 a year ? full replacement ? So this is commercial drone ins ? liability per job by the hour or day or month ?

We offer both on-demand hourly and monthly plans.
The monthly plan includes liability and hull, while the hourly insurance is liability only, based on real-time risk analysis and customer customization.

The hull coverage includes drones (of any kind not just commercial), mounted equipment and any other equipment which is directly related to the drone. Cases, lenses and spare parts are included while your mobile device or tablet are not.

The premiums are based on declared value, you can easily enter your drone and equipment through the app and get live quote. Note that the premium for the drone includes Safety Score discounts up to 30%. Full replacement is part of the coverage (like in cases of fly-aways or theft) or covering the fix.

Checked your site . hard to beat State Farms $60 per year full replacement cost /declared costs . unless your flying commercial and need liability for a client . Thanks maybe in the future if i start doing paid missions

Reactions: Ilan Yusim
Hard to beat State Farm $60/year for full replacement. No carcass needed in the event of a deep water landing. If you can beat that, I suggest you say so clearly and you'll likely get some new business.

A couple of notes:
  1. 1. State Farm PAP insurance doesn't include liability and commercial usage. This includes:
    1. 3rd party damage, bodily injuries, invasion of privacy and medical expenses coverage.
    2. Add your client as an additional insured (no extra cost)
    3. Specific endorsements required by your state for commercial drone operation
  2. The $60 is the minimum amount which means that for a higher value (drones and equipment) you'll pay more.

Hard to beat State Farm $60/year for full replacement. No carcass needed in the event of a deep water landing. If you can beat that, I suggest you say so clearly and you'll likely get some new business.

A couple of notes:
  1. 1. State Farm PAP insurance doesn't include liability and commercial usage. This includes:
    1. 3rd party damage, bodily injuries, invasion of privacy and medical expenses coverage.
    2. Add your client as an additional insured (no extra cost)
    3. Specific endorsements required by your state for commercial drone operation
  2. The $60 is the minimum amount which means that for a higher value (drones and equipment) you'll pay more.
$60. is it and covers much higher value then you think . don't know the max before it goes up but drones are insured that cost a few thousand for $60 . commercial is a different beast and in those cases then what you sale works .

Reactions: Ilan Yusim

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik