Propulsion output is limited..

Reaction score
Has anyone received the warning " Propulsion output is limited to ensure safety of battery" warning. I did just update the Go app to 2.6.0 before that I've never seen it. Not sure if it's tied together or not. All other firmware is up to date.

Yes it has been mentioned a number of times in the firmware 1.6 update, to reduce the risk of voltage drop when flying in cold weather. Not really a new thing with Go app 2.6.0.

Reactions: Jbundy63
It's something new that was adding in firmware 1.6. The goal is to prevent your battery from shutting off mid-flight.

Gotcha, Thanks guys. I've just never seen it and don't remember reading about it. Old age you know LOL

@Jbundy63 - Are you on 1.6? Just want to make sure it's related to that FW and not being seen on other versions.

I got the message once. I eased back on the throttle a bit for the remainder of the flight. Are there recommendations on what to do when you get this message (should you land)?

Are there recommendations on what to do when you get this message (should you land)?
If you don't want to see the message, then don't mash the throttle and ascend steeply at the same time. That's normally when you'll see it. There is no need to land when that occurs. Your Phantom is simply telling you it's backing down the intensity a bit.

When I saw it I was just full forward but not changing in elevation. But this brings up a good point, when you are going forward, especially long distances, is it recommended to NOT be at full forward?

Yeah....don't you know....fly the high $$$ thing you paid for the way DJI wants you to and not the way you want. DJI is busy boiling some eye of newt, toads toes, and a chicken foot while shaking a feather at the pot in an attempt to cure the battery thing.

When DJI released the update 2.4.3 for the Go app they said it was supposed to help the battery problem. Guess they were so busy sneaking in the NFZ's that they musta' not got the battery thing right back then so they're still working on it?

I just got this warning today while climbing in altitude with 1.6 firmware and 2.6 App. At 14 minutes and 23 seconds, battery temp was 93 fahrenheit. Outside temp was 27 fahrenheit at 3840 feet away, battery at 38%.

DGitalChaos, that's a good thing. It beats your Phantom dropping like a rock.

Reactions: DGitalChaos
DJI added that message in the 1.6 firmware update. 1.5 just shuts down mid-air :(

I got this today! Flying close range at 6C in fairly strong gusts. Had no problems regardless of the message. Just kept it close and landed safely after a few minutes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94