Propulsion limited error and Critically low voltage.

Reaction score
What could be the caused and how best can I resolve it since and still new to these stuff. But reading from some threads I am posting a link for assistance in explaining it and how best I can resolve it please. Thanks 🙏🙏🙏🙏

What could be the caused and how best can I resolve it since and still new to these stuff. But reading from some threads I am posting a link for assistance in explaining it and how best I can resolve it please. Thanks 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I would assume that it was limiting power usage due to beginning the flight with a battery that was not fully charged.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

@Meta4
take a look and see if you can offer any suggestions. Thanks

Starting with 60% battery not a good idea.
That was after trying several times and was still getting that message even when it was at 100%. So I only copied the last one. That was after seeing this page and reading the comments

This started about a month or two ago with only propulsion limited error message but since yesterday this new one about critically low voltage and auto landing started yesterday during my lessons with school kids in Ghana. I postponed the lesson yesterday and we tried again today but same results

This started about a month or two ago with only propulsion limited error message but since yesterday this new one about critically low voltage and auto landing started yesterday during my lessons with school kids in Ghana. I postponed the lesson yesterday and we tried again today but same results
It's common to see such problems when people fly with a battery that has been sitting around and discharging.
The % indicator is very inaccurate and you see the cell voltages drop rapidly.

Something is not right in this case, but I'm not sure what it is.
The cell voltages in your battery are not sagging to very low levels when you climb.
At 3:32.7 with the cell voltages around 3.7 volts, you get this message:
Aircraft is landing due to low voltage, which cannot be stopped. You can decelerate the descending speed and avoid obstacles using sticks.
That's something you'd expect to see when the battery gets down towards critical low voltage of 3.3 volts per cell.

Do you have any other batteries to see how the drone works with them?

Reactions: Capt KO and GFields
It's common to see such problems when people fly with a battery that has been sitting around and discharging.
The % indicator is very inaccurate and you see the cell voltages drop rapidly.

Something is not right in this case, but I'm not sure what it is.
The cell voltages in your battery are not sagging to very low levels when you climb.
At 3:32.7 with the cell voltages around 3.7 volts, you get this message:
Aircraft is landing due to low voltage, which cannot be stopped. You can decelerate the descending speed and avoid obstacles using sticks.
That's something you'd expect to see when the battery gets down towards critical low voltage of 3.3 volts per cell.

Do you have any other batteries to see how the drone works with them?
No please. That is the only battery I have. It is very expensive to get a battery here in my country to buy and also as a teacher spending that much on a battery becomes difficult since it's mostly for lessons and it was a gift to us. The battery cost for a new battery is $204 approximately if convert to dollars from Ghanaian Cedis.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Capt KO
No please. That is the only battery I have. It is very expensive to get a battery here in my country to buy and also as a teacher spending that much on a battery becomes difficult since it's mostly for lessons and it was a gift to us. The battery cost for a new battery is $204 approximately if convert to dollars from Ghanaian Cedis.
I'm sorry, but it does sound like a bad battery. If you fully charge the battery and then fly within 24 hours and experience this problem, the battery has reached the end of its useful life. I know they are very expensive and hard to get in your area. Is this a Phantom 3 or Phantom 4? Possibly you could find someone else in your area with a similar drone to help you test.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I'm sorry, but it does sound like a bad battery. If you fully charge the battery and then fly within 24 hours and experience this problem, the battery has reached the end of its useful life. I know they are very expensive and hard to get in your area. Is this a Phantom 3 or Phantom 4? Possibly you could find someone else in your area with a similar drone to help you test.
It's a phantom 4. I also suspect the battery. The closet around me is a Mavic drone

Then it means I won't be able to use for lessons. I teach at the basic school level and it's been very instrumental in our lessons

Last edited:
It's a phantom 4. I also suspect the battery. The closet around me is a Mavic drone

Then it means I won't be able to use for lessons. I teach at the basic school level and it's been very instrumental in our lessons
I'm sorry. I see from your flight log that you are near an urban area. Possibly one of the universities has a researcher using a Phantom 4 who might be able to help. They are very common in research and university settings. Good luck. The Phantom 4 is a great machine and I hope you can get it working for your students.

I'm sorry. I see from your flight log that you are near an urban area. Possibly one of the universities has a researcher using a Phantom 4 who might be able to help. They are very common in research and university settings. Good luck. The Phantom 4 is a great machine and I hope you can get it working for your students.
It's urban but lacks many facilities and I spoke with a lecturer there yesterday but they don't have a phantom drone. Researchers come from the bigger cities and use and leave. I have exhausted all available options and this page was the last resort to really understand or get some help to resolve the issue.

But as it stands then I will not be able to use the drone and have to pack it up and leave till we get a new one.

It's urban but lacks many facilities and I spoke with a lecturer there yesterday but they don't have a phantom drone. Researchers come from the bigger cities and use and leave. I have exhausted all available options and this page was the last resort to really understand or get some help to resolve the issue.

But as it stands then I will not be able to use the drone and have to pack it up and leave till we get a new one.
Thanks to everyone who has helped me. God richly bless you all

Reactions: CoreySnipes

Ah, it sounds like you've tried everything. I'm very sorry.

Where are you located? You can find P4 batteries online for reasonable amounts.

Where are you located? You can find P4 batteries online for reasonable amounts.
Techiman, Ghana. What will be the cost please and will it involve shipping charges or any other such.

The school is a public school and students don't pay any fees so any such purchases will have to come from my own pocket if I decide to buy one. That's why I was thinking it was something else that could be resolved.

Techiman, Ghana. What will be the cost please and will it involve shipping charges or any other such.

The school is a public school and students don't pay any fees so any such purchases will have to come from my own pocket if I decide to buy one. That's why I was thinking it was something else that could be resolved.
The cost is around $250 USD but you can order and pay in your own currency. Follow this LINK

The cost is around $250 USD but you can order and pay in your own currency. Follow this LINK

That is a screenshot from the link u sent me. You can see the amount in my currency which for a teacher whose monthly salary is no where near that amount how do I fund this purchase.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230121-193823.png
    Screenshot_20230121-193823.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 71

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4