Propeller safety/securing

Reaction score
Hi Friends.
I have noticed on various occasions people saying their props have fallen off/detached in mid flight and they crashed.
Is there a way to secure the props besides just clipping them onto the motors. Maybe an accessory for this purpose or a “ Macgyver”??.
Thanks
Happy Flying [emoji41]

Hi Friends.
I have noticed on various occasions people saying their props have fallen off/detached in mid flight and they crashed.
Is there a way to secure the props besides just clipping them onto the motors. Maybe an accessory for this purpose or a “ Macgyver”??.
Thanks
Happy Flying [emoji41]
MacGyver! Is that fella still alive,,mayby look at new set of Springs,,only way to ensure it tight on prop,,I had p4s which I had p4p spring set up ,nice and tight,,if you have any play anywhere get some new ones,,and use one dji stuff like you mention,no real way to stop prop malfunction without throwing all off balance,,just try not to think about it when flying

MacGyver! Is that fella still alive,,mayby look at new set of Springs,,only way to ensure it tight on prop,,I had p4s which I had p4p spring set up ,nice and tight,,if you have any play anywhere get some new ones,,and use one dji stuff like you mention,no real way to stop prop malfunction without throwing all off balance,,just try not to think about it when flying

?? Thanks sweetie much.
Will check the springs.
Happy flying [emoji41]

Hi Friends.
Thanks
Happy Flying [emoji41]

We recommend the Phantom Wet Suits that come with the Seals for the Props locking them in really tight, not to mention the other added benefits of locking in the Battery and sealing that also including the Leg Clips.

The Wet Suits offer a ton of benefits even if you never fly in the Rain.
Locking in the Props Tight is just one of them.
Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Gear to fly in and out of the Storm

We recommend the Phantom Wet Suits that come with the Seals for the Props locking them in really tight, not to mention the other added benefits of locking in the Battery and sealing that also including the Leg Clips.

The Wet Suits offer a ton of benefits even if you never fly in the Rain.
Locking in the Props Tight is just one of them.
Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Gear to fly in and out of the Storm

View attachment 110908

Hi
I looked at this but do not see how it locks the props onto the drone?
Thanks

Hi
I looked at this but do not see how it locks the props onto the drone?
Thanks

There is a Neoprene Cover, and a Rubber Seal and a 3M adhesive that is on each ring. Sits inside the Couplet and and compresses when the Props go on. This creates a really tight fit for the Props and protects them from Rain, dirt and debris..

Works similar to how memory foam works, very cool and extremely effective.
This is the Same for the Battery Seal and leg Clips seals and sd covers as well.

There is a Neoprene Cover, and a Rubber Seal and a 3M adhesive that is on each ring. Sits inside the Couplet and and compresses when the Props go on. This creates a really tight fit for the Props and protects them from Rain, dirt and debris..

Works similar to how memory foam works, very cool and extremely effective.
This is the Same for the Battery Seal and leg Clips seals and sd covers as well.

View attachment 110909

Can we be just buy these covers for the motors separately?

I just installed four new "Airscrew" balanced propellors on my P4Pro. The process required removing the DJI mounts and springs and replacing them with Airscrew thread on mounts. Obviously this process is putting me at a higher risk of losing a prop. What about using Loctite Blue?

I just installed four new "Airscrew" balanced propellors on my P4Pro. The process required removing the DJI mounts and springs and replacing them with Airscrew thread on mounts. Obviously this process is putting me at a higher risk of losing a prop. What about using Loctite Blue?

Hi I wanted a more secure solution than the existing.
Thanks

Of course loctite holds great with vibrations. I wouldn't put them on without it.
Curious, why did you go to all the trouble and risk to buy these props? Are they that much better?

Sorry, slow at responding. I see your answer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31