Prop Upgrade for FC40

OK, I've got 2 sets of these shipped.

http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Self-Ti ... 282%29.htm

I plan to lower my gains 20% (not the vert) and test fly without my guards. I'll post what I can soon, maybe end of next week.

I'd like to keep this forum moving forward. Lots of info in the other airframe categories, but the FC40 forum needs techno input.

Thanks to all the help so far. Its going to be a good hobby for us.

I got them, they fit. They dont spin on, have to hold the motors. Haven't flown yet, but these guys are tough, good/serious looking too. They will stick out a bit from FC40 prop guards, but I'll take mine off when using these new bad boys.

I did a start-up with them on, they seem quieter if that matters to anyone...

BTW, you can balance them even though they have center nuts. Stick a skinny nail in a skinny board and sharpen it. You can still spin it horizonaly and it will stop with the heavy end down. A little sanding and try again. Couldn't be easier.

:p :p :p
I prefer the white plastic props rather than carbon fibre black props as they fly more stable without drifting on my FC40.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Anyone have the same experience?
:geek: :geek: :geek:

As it has been mentioned drifting can be controlled by lowering the gain adjustments in the software.

Increased flight times, better lift and probably better performance in wind make CF props a good upgrade.

Not many people had a good experienced with CF props. They were the result of many crashes as well. Please fly them before giving us the lowdown.

This discussion has been done extensively before, the best prop upgrade are the dji vision props. But of course they are not black.

CF is also easier to break and do much more damage when slicing someone.

The Chinese clones are normally not made of good quality, but some were lucky.

Be careful.

There are many comments in the other threads about the good things CF props do. I have yet to see anything about crashes and how they relate to CF props... lower the gains like you are supposed to.

And what? Do you guys worry about getting sliced by the props? Then you are doing it WRONG. Keep your happy a$$ away from the flying vehicle. its not a toy. Its a freaking 4 propellor flying machine. Treat it like one.

Plastic or CF, its going to cut you.

Show me CF props that have better performance and flight time than vision props.

Tell me, what company has a good reputation and make prebalanced CF props?

Show me CF props that can sustain damage and not break like phantom props.

Once a reputable company starts making good quality CF props that are well balanced and reviewed positively on sites like this, then I may buy some.

As far as I know at the start of this thread you had virtually no knowledge of CF props, now you have strong opinions on them, and no word that you actually used them in flight.

Anyways, my tried and tested vision props are on their way.

Thanks for sharing.

I too switched from stock props to Vision props, on my fc40 and the difference is amazing!

I get better flight times/lipo, better responsiveness and maneuverability and control.

Only con is, Vision 2 props make a lot of noise as compared to stock phantom props.

So I use my stock props for silent flights around the neighborhood and vision2 when I'm in an open field! :D

Regarding carbon props, I heard ppl say that since they are rigid, they transfer vibrations to the phantom chassis? :?:

Was quit happy with V2 Props, just crashed today and broke one. I just bought Carbon V2 props and orderd V2 prop guards.
Have to fly now with stock props till i get other props. I bought the carbon props from ebay, floatship is the compagny called, anyone experience with Carbon props, ill keep hearing don't do it.

This is the link to the props.

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/DJI-Phantom-2-Vi ... 338bdba08b

Flew today with a FC40 with a Mobius camera attached directly to the body - no FC40 mount or cam. Flew it with the Vision 2 props and prop guards and got 12.5mins flight time using 1900mAh on the batts.

They seem to be a big improvement.

I fitted some P2 vision props to my FC40 last week and are very happy with them, They spin on as a direct replacement and i have not changed any settings to the gains in the software, I was getting between 8 to 10 minutes before the low battery warning light flashed on a standard battery and now this has increased to 10 to 13 minutes with the new props, Also seems to be a little bit quieter in the hover, It also seems to be more responsive to control inputs, Not had any problems at all with landing and i fly from rough uneven agricultural land.

chrisliles said:
I fitted some P2 vision props to my FC40 last week and are very happy with them, They spin on as a direct replacement and i have not changed any settings to the gains in the software, I was getting between 8 to 10 minutes before the low battery warning light flashed on a standard battery and now this has increased to 10 to 13 minutes with the new props, Also seems to be a little bit quieter in the hover, It also seems to be more responsive to control inputs, Not had any problems at all with landing and i fly from rough uneven agricultural land.

I squeezed out 8 min with p2 props, p2 guards, 2700 man battery, and eBay gimbal

Well, I can confirm that you definitely shouldn't buy the $15 for 4 ebay 9" propellers. They are VERY poor quality.

I also bought 9" Vision props from eBay. They were very bad quality, Imbossible to get them in balance.
Then I bought original DJI 9" Vision props from Finland, they were almost perfect balance, I use Dubro balancer to get them absolut balance.
I get 16 min flight time with original camera and 2700mah Gens Ace battery.

I drop down PITCH, ROLL and ATT PITCH, ROLL gains about 10%

I got a chance to fly with those CF props I mentioned earlier. No problems whatsoever.

Better response, seemed more stable and had better flight times. Went through 4 batteries in gusty conditions. When I rose above the tree tops the wind would hit it, but it bobbled/corrected firmly.

I lost power and ditched one time. The props kicked up some dirt but were unaffected. The original DJI props would have been ground to a flat spot.

THESE ARE THE ONES: hmmm, this link doesn't work. Well if you are interested, goto redrockethobbies.com put in DJI and scroll down.
http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Self-Ti ... p9443q-p(2).htm
I edited this link: hope it works now....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20