Prop guards

Reaction score
I search before posting. Figured it was a dead horse. But I purchased two P3s one for me and one for my 8 year old son. Have no experience but some common sense.

Anyway I want to order two sets of guards for obvious reasons. Any particular source or brand. And u see snap on guards... Do they hold up?

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can find a list of commonly used prop guards here. Check out the product reviews for specifics about each brand.

In as far as "snap on guards", I've tried them, and they hold just fine. But after you get used to flying, you probably won't want them. They work pretty well at keeping you off of flat surfaces, such as walls. But sticks, strings, and the like can still get grabbed by the props, so they don't help much with trees, IMHO.

I have never used them, despite owning some, there are pros and cons.
Some of the cons are they are more intrusive on your video, and many claim they are subject to the wind a bit more and affect stability.
Anyway probably good to start with, and remove if they interfere with your enjoyment.
A big pro is not that they protect your ac, but they may protect people from injury.
Snap on guards definitely better,might fit in your case, not sure if the long screws issue with the P2 still affects the 3.

Reactions: Dr. Klutz
I bought the snap-on's, used them twice and then never again.
Not because they are no good but because you get better at flying and don't do stupid things and therefore don't need them.
I however did leave the brackets on the arms as I feel they help stop the cracking that a lot of people have had.
Also watch which screws you use, the one's to attached the brackets are longer, do not over tighten.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: RW-1 and Dr. Klutz
What about 3 blade props. Good or bad.
It's a bad idea since DJI does not make them. Stick with DJI props. They work very well.

Used them once then took them off. BTW, please use that common sense you mentioned. I really wouldn't give control of a P3 to your 8 y/o....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72