Prop Guard Screws

Reaction score
I'm new to the drone business and bought a second hand Phantom 3 Advanced 3 weeks ago It came with clip on prop guards installed but they get into the camera shot so decided to remove them.
Original owner only saved 9 original short screws so I stupidly used some longer ones and destroyed 2 motors. Very expensive mistake. I'm aware it has been covered extensively on here but thought I would write a new thread in case any noobs like me are just finding the site. Only use original short motor screws. Very red faced about it lol.

I'm new to the drone business and bought a second hand Phantom 3 Advanced 3 weeks ago It came with clip on prop guards installed but they get into the camera shot so decided to remove them.
Original owner only saved 9 original short screws so I stupidly used some longer ones and destroyed 2 motors. Very expensive mistake. I'm aware it has been covered extensively on here but thought I would write a new thread in case any noobs like me are just finding the site. Only use original short motor screws. Very red faced about it lol.

You aren’t the first or last to do it, many owners have done it and I’ve done a few repairs for the same issue, for anyone else reading this thread if you do buy a quad with prop guards ask the seller for the original screws, if he doesn’t have them they can be found on eBay

Thanks for the real ((((((( Wide Eye Opener ))))))).....Yes we have all read what happend to you many times here on this site... it a terrible thing to accidently do......I Thank you for the very important post to HELP new guys OR old guys that never knew about the screw sizes when removing the blade guards and replacing the shorter screws back to hold the motors in place,

Reactions: KiwiWithWings
Just one other thing guys, the motors were never armed while the long screws were installed. Drone is in for repair currently and I was wondering....Do you think the ESC's will still be okay? Sweating a bit that the main board will be "screwed". Cheers!

If no power was applied then the ESCs are not affected. Even in many, many, cases where power was applied the ESCs were fine.

Electrically, can’t say for sure but doubtful. Mechanically, there is some belief that it contributes to the arm(s) cracking under the motors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.