Prop Balance

Reaction score
After having my p4p for a year I decided to get the right stuff to check the prop balance
and I am amazed on how OUT OF BALANCE they are. 2 have been OK, the rest I had to fix
to be balanced. OH MY ! just an FYI if you care LOL

Reactions: godrocksu
Mine were also out of balance on the P4 Std. and Inspire 2 as well. They are mass produced toys so not much one can expect, and given DJI's poor quality matters too.

I saw in a previous post the $60 P3 wooden ones were balanced, but you're paying for that too.

Yes my I2 props where also out as well, However I guess the are plastic and I think the I2 is nylon , been flying model airplanes for year and they are not as bad as these are, however the wood was almost perfect .

Five out my eight that came with my P3S needed balancing. Something to do when you can’t fly.

Reactions: godrocksu
Last edited:
the rod I got was off ebay about $20 and you do need that other part , the dubro. you can find that at tower hobbies as well, not at home so I don't have the info with me right now.

This Du-Bro model comes with a rod that'll fit the Phantom 4 props. If you buy a different Du-Bro model, you'll also need to buy a prop balancing rod separately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pixar
Not sure what you are using to add weight to blades, but I have found clear spray paint to work perfectly. It doesn't take much.

You do not use weights on a prop , you sand or shave off at the fat part on top of the heavy side until it balances
never add anything extra to a prop !

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana_pyro
You can balance your props like this:

Here are a few commonly used prop balancers:
Thanks, watched the video all the way through including balancing props, but then he showed the hub needs balancing and didn’t show how to balance it. I was wondering whether you could use the same simple method of placing insulation tape on the light side of the hub?

I was wondering whether you could use the same simple method of placing insulation tape on the light side of the hub?
I've never attempted to balance the hubs on my props. But, yes, you could apply tape or sand them.

Reactions: KDCypP4Adv
If I’m balancing, I balance total: blades as well hub.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl