Production of all P4P discontinued is there a P5 coming?

Odd, I bought mine in December and friend bought one in early January. I imagine there are others like us out there. Wasn't hard to find. Everyone loves a rumor!

Odd, I bought mine in December and friend bought one in early January. I imagine there are others like us out there. Wasn't hard to find. Everyone loves a rumor!

I never pay any attention to these "drone xxx is dead." If you want it, buy it. If you keep waiting for the next best thing...you'll never have one. Same thing with computers. You buy one just in time to get home and boot it up and see the ad for the next version...:D

Just had a look at Dji's online store and refurbished store, the only Phantom of any type that's in stock is the refurbished P3P. Makes me wonder what will be released next, if anything at all...

As I said earlier, a quick ring around showed them in stock in 3 stores within 15km of me. Low stock? maybe ... NO stock does not seem to be the case

Regards
Ari

I just bought a P4P V2.0 and had no trouble finding one, or even finding a brand new in box at a good price. I am located in the US.

Reactions: rward325
As I said earlier, a quick ring around showed them in stock in 3 stores within 15km of me. Low stock? maybe ... NO stock does not seem to be the case
I just bought a P4P V2.0 and had no trouble finding one, or even finding a brand new in box at a good price. I am located in the US.
Yes .. you can walk into a store that bought a large quantity some time back and find they have stock.
(DJI has large minimum order sizes for stores)
But if you've tried to buy from DJI's online store since back in November, this is what you find:
i-nT2G8XL-L.jpg

It was reported back at the end of October that P4Pro production had been stopped.
DJI's official explanation is that they are having difficulty sourcing some components.
That's a bit hard to believe months later.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Found a P4P pro clone on fbook today from "Wish" for $16. Same specs as the real deal. Tempted to waste the money and see what happens lol.

Reactions: Ansia
The last Phantom was a piece of flaming turd; that probably didnt help sales, or production. The V2.0 is crap, ive completely given up on it. Cant fly a straight line, or sit still. They need to fix the flight controller before they keep trying to release more BS features.

The new "stealth" props are the reason for it wandering and not flying straight. There needed to be a lot more development and testing before putting "stealth" props on a unit. Stronger motors and control algorithms are needed.

I have the Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0 and the Mavic 2 Pro with the smart controller. I am going to stick with the Mavic 2 Pro. The Mavic has too many features that the P4P doesn't have. Other than the landing gear... the Mavic is a better drone, in my opinion.

They were out of the P4 P4 Pro Vr 2.0 in early October,, had the P4 Pro Advanced for a while longer.

Shortest lived DJI drone I can remember i.e. the P4 Pro Vr 2.0, from June to October (I call it that as that's when DJI ran out and never restocked). As previously mentioned, many large stores like B&H or Best Buy did not have the Vr 2.0 until over 60 days after announcing, unlike the DJI store. So they are still sitting on inventory, (of a Drone that DJI never made right due to yawing in hover).

Paul C

Reactions: DKG13CC
They were out of the P4 P4 Pro Vr 2.0 in early October,, had the P4 Pro Advanced for a while longer.

Shortest lived DJI drone I can remember i.e. the P4 Pro Vr 2.0, from June to October (I call it that as that's when DJI ran out and never restocked). As previously mentioned, many large stores like B&H or Best Buy did not have the Vr 2.0 until over 60 days after announcing, unlike the DJI store. So they are still sitting on inventory, (of a Drone that DJI never made right due to yawing in hover).

Paul C
Well I'll just add this, the one and only Phantom that was and still is Dji's best, imo, is the only one you can still buy (refurbished) from Dji online. The P3P.

Reactions: BigAl07
the phantom 4 RTK only came out in october it shares many components with the standard phantom and is an awsome product when compared to other mapping drones especially when you look at its cost .DJI may well be going for a more commercial product with this but its the same chassis and camera so to me it would seem illogical to discontinue a product that is so similar shares so many components with what will very probably become the market leading product in its class >Well thats what i think anyway

Well I'll just add this, the one and only Phantom that was and still is Dji's best, imo, is the only one you can still buy (refurbished) from Dji online. The P3P.
Drone technology evolves fast.
The P3 pro was fine in it's day ... but that day is long gone.
The P3 series was instantly obsolete the day the P4 pro was released.

Not my experience.

Not mine at all. I’d upgraded from the P3Pro to the P4P-v2 and have been delighted at how stable and well it flys.
And the Occusync was a huge improvement in signal strength and ability to fly practically behind buildings across a property from my position without losing video or
Control.
And I routinely have to do video going at low altitude sometimes 4-6’ in a straight line forwards and sideways. With minimal drift.
Compared to the P3 it’s a marvel.

Reactions: Hounddog
I confirmed today from Adorama that they have been told by DJI that the Phantom 4 v2 (and all other phantoms) have been discontinued. They have no replacement to send me for the one I'm having trouble with.

I purchased the P4V2 about 2 weeks ago and it's been nothing but a nightmare to get into the air (so far, props haven't turned, probably 40hours unsnarling the threads). I'll take the time to write that up here but I'm only a week into both the drone and the forum. My plan is to work industriously for 2-3 days more on it, but not get near the Adorama 30 day return for any reason date. I've pretty much kept them in business on dive cameras trust them on that matter.

I bought the P4V2 having seen the rumors of it's being replaced but without some of the details presented here. It fit the niche I am in. I have friends with the high end photo drones but I have no real need for that, nor the cost, so it was P4 or wait a few years. I'd watched the Phantom series for a year or two already, so bought it and enough kit to operate it a couple of weeks back and am still working on it. If it had a zoom camera and I could get it working, I'd never look back.

The last Phantom was a piece of flaming turd; that probably didnt help sales, or production. The V2.0 is crap, ive completely given up on it. Cant fly a straight line, or sit still. They need to fix the flight controller before they keep trying to release more BS features.

Have you posted it in the classifieds yet? I'm sure it'll sell fast and you won't have anything to complain about, anymore.

So, what do you people think about the following link (released today)? I don't know this person so I can't comment on his cred and his contacts but as we know there are people who constantly manage to get the inside scoop on apple or other releases with such a high degree of accuracy they must be getting information somewhere.

Maybe he's giving some reliable information? From the point of "why are there no Phantom 4 Pro V2.0s available from DJ when it was a new modelI" his explanation would cover that angle.

I'm not saying I believe of disbelieve what he is saying, until DJI announce something officially it's all rumour but who knows?

Regards
Ari

Have you posted it in the classifieds yet? I'm sure it'll sell fast and you won't have anything to complain about, anymore.

P4 VR 2.0 Slow Drifting in Hover, etc.
P4 VR 2.0 Slow Drifting in Hover, etc.

A few users here say their V2.0 is great. An equal or greater number of users in the link provided have issues with stability and would disagree. Ive sent the unit to DJI to see if they can remedy a long-standing issue. If you dont like my assessment of the V2.0, thats fine, but your sarcasm doesnt do much. Thanks.

The attached was a response from Drone World in December.
71141780-3082-407B-8E9C-CCDD191AF1AD.jpeg

Despite the iconic form factor the Phantom(s) are, they seemed to have made a business decision.

Happens all the time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20