Problems downloading the latest firmware on ipad

There are two separate firmware files; one for the controller and one for the aircraft itself. I did have a problem with my WiFi only iPad. I switched to an iPhone 6s and it did the job.

Download it from here: Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO - DJI.

Unzip and put the bin file in the root directory of the micro SD card.

Put the SD card in the gimbal and power on the AC. Keep RC off.

It should make some squeeks and squawks and the indicator lamp on the gimbal will flash red and green indicating it is updating. I'm doing mine now and it has rebooted 3 times so far and still going.

Mine just finished and it went perfectly.

FYI - The camera update is last, so when you see it go limp and start doing weird stuff the update is almost done. When finished you'll hear "Deet - Det Det" with a flashing green light on the gimbal.

Let us know how it goes.

This is assuming you have a P3P...

Last edited:
How do you know if you have the latest firmware on AC, RC, and gimbal? After buying my P3Standard in late December I did an update going through the steps and got the camera lights, wiggle and eventually the correct finishing tone sequence. Does that mean all three things were updated? Also, and apologies if this is addressed in another thread, I but I can't resist asking when if ever do you need to do an IMU calibration?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Tay I'm new to this as well so I wouldn't be able to answer your question sorry but I'm sure somebody on here will, I've been told after the update if you put additional batteries in they will update automatically.....correct me if I'm wrong people ! But I did my update then put the card back in my computer and it said update successful so I'm hoping that's it, hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I've read some posts that suggest that when you recalibrate the IMU bad things happen (mostly P4 posts). If all seems good when I fly should I risk the IMU calibration ? Or does that risk one of the many horror stories I read about as to flyaways?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've read some posts that suggest that when you recalibrate the IMU bad things happen (mostly P4 posts). If all seems good when I fly should I risk the IMU calibration ? Or does that risk one of the many horror stories I read about as to flyaways?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's up to you to decide. I've had my P3P since they first came out and have always calibrated the IMU and gimbal after every firmware update and have had zero issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20