problems after crash into water

Reaction score
ok, so lets try this again....I crashed into water. At first, I didn't have any control from the remote. Now it works but one arm (one of the forward arms) doesn't light up and the motor spins erratically. One glows red and the other 2 blink green. Any suggestions????????????

I would say its a fatal blow water and short circuiting wise to the naza, ESC.

I wouldn't trust it safety wise after going in the water, could try some rice in the naza unit to dry it out - see if that helps?

Sounds like you did not dry it fully first before putting any power in to it. and shorted some thing out and probably fried the esc.

Even the rice method can take a week or more to dry and even then it some times don't get all the water out and also if there is any dirt of minerals in the water and you don't wash them out they can short stuff out to.

Best way to dry and clean any thing electronic is to use anhydrous alcohol to wash out any dirt and to also wash out any water trapped inside. (anhydrous alcohol or dry alcohol is alc that contains no water and will adsorb water and is also non conductive so it will not short any thing out if its still wet with some of the alc. and its also widely known by its over the counter name "dry gas." The stuff you put in your car in the winter to absorb water out of your gas tank and fuel lines.
and also unlike water which can be very hard to get to evaporate out of all the crevices and tight spots alc evaporates at much lower temperature then water and you can use a hair dryer on low to drive it off or even put it in an over set at about 100F to drive it of with out any harm to any of the plastic. or other electronics. Tho if you already fried any thing it wont help to fix any thing that is already fried.

if salt water do not place in rubbish bin. lol instead send it to me and I will make sure its properly recycled or disposed of in a proper environmental friendly way. :)

+1 - I've revived 2 that were water damaged and in your case I'd replce motor and ESC on questionable arm. EZ fix and fairly inexpensive.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl