Problem with video feed when linking new/used phantom 4 pro to "plus" controller

Reaction score
Lost my drone (long story) and purchased a used phantom 4 pro to replace the one is lost. I want to use my original phantom 4 pro plus controller with this new drone but when a I link my original plus controller the video feed is all broken up with a lot of the screen a solid green color. The video feed is fine with the controller that came with the used drone but is not a plus controller. I had found in other discussions that these two types of controllers are interchangeable. My original drone was a V1.0. May be this is a V2.0. How do I verify this? Any other ideas why my video feed is screwed up?

Thanks for any advise,

Don

Lost my drone (long story) and purchased a used phantom 4 pro to replace the one is lost. I want to use my original phantom 4 pro plus controller with this new drone but when a I link my original plus controller the video feed is all broken up with a lot of the screen a solid green color. The video feed is fine with the controller that came with the used drone but is not a plus controller. I had found in other discussions that these two types of controllers are interchangeable. My original drone was a V1.0. May be this is a V2.0. How do I verify this? Any other ideas why my video feed is screwed up?

Thanks for any advise,

Don
P4Pv2 uses GL300K (built in screen) and GL300L controllers.
P4Pv1 uses GL300CvB, GL300E (built in screen) and GL300F controllers.
Click here for a chart that I developed a few years ago.

V1 and V2 are not compatible with each other. What are the model numbers (on back) of your original RC and the one you just bought?
Also, what are the FW versions of your AC and of the two RCs?

FYI - the V2 came out more than a year after you picked up a V1.

P4Pv2 uses GL300K (built in screen) and GL300L controllers.
P4Pv1 uses GL300CvB, GL300E (built in screen) and GL300F controllers.
Click here for a chart that I developed a few years ago.

V1 and V2 are not compatible with each other. What are the model numbers (on back) of your original RC and the one you just bought?
Also, what are the FW versions of your AC and of the two RCs?

FYI - the V2 came out more than a year after you picked up a V1.
Thanks for the info Oso. So the used drone I bought is a V1.0 with a controller GL300F so the used drone I bought should work with my plus controller (GL300E) which is also a V1.0. Any ideas why the video feed is bad? I go thru the controller linking process by selecting the link RC option on the controller settings screen and push the button on the drone by the memory card slot. It does state "check frequency?" when I first select the link RC option but all it gives me is a button that says "OK". It does say link successful after a few seconds but the video feed is bad. I am going to try it again just to see if I am getting an indication of a good signal strength for the video and controller.

The video feed signal strength jumps from full scale to zero. Looks like the frequency is hopping around

Try a custom channel setting instead of auto,might be able to lock a clear channel
Does the pro+ have this option,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31