Probably should have posted here first...But here i am

Reaction score
I am a heavy equipment operator from SoCal and i love doing photography

Trying to do a video while i run a dozer or other piece of equipment is a pain as it requires both hands most of the time and need to pay attention to what i am doing ...Hence my interest in drones for that also showing progress of projects i work on

4K video is real great ..i now have a 4K samsung 4K tv to watch my videos in 4K format
the detail is amazing

I have started with a refurb P4S costing about 700.00 and have purchased extra batteries and filters for the drone improving on my video quality and have flown it manually for most of the time and have gotten pretty good at that

Now i am waiting to see what is going to go on with prices on the P4P
i really like the improved image quality with the upgraded camera for both still photos and video since most of my subject work is scenic

I have been ghosting around the forum and other drone forums for quite a while learning about drones and issues with them .. did the same with my photography hobby and have learned much over the years...Except doing video editing ...learning that currently also

Here are 2 videos that i posted to my youtube channel ...1st one is a friend of mine doing subgrade of old house pads using an excavator when we started on the job and 2nd is video i shot when waiting for someone to get some seat time running the slope dozer that i run for the company

Al Seip

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: volace
Nice video. I do the same type of flying around heavy equipment operating on our projects. Wish I could post some video but I can't due to confidentiality. (We're generally cleaning up contaminated sites owned by our clients.) One suggestion I would make is to try not to fly a boxy perimeter but, instead, try to fly smooth curves around the equipment which will give a more polished look to your videos. That site looks like the perfect playground to try it as there were no obstacles to avoid other than the big equipment. You will find that both sticks inward will result in a smooth counter-clockwise orbit, and both sticks outward will result in a smooth clockwise orbit around the equipment. Varying the amount you push on each stick will control the curvature and orbit diameter. It's a little tricky at first but easy to get the hang of if you practice. You could also arrange for the software to conduct an orbit, but it's best to be able to do that on the fly too.

Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20