Pro Plus controller is froze up

Reaction score
My fairly new controller with the built in screen has got locked up. Was hoping DJI Assist (v1.2.0) would solve the issue, but will not recognize the device. I only get a black screen on the controller, so I can not access any thing through the controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I was just scrolling through some settings at home. Was not flying, but was linked up to the AC. I did have a frimware update showing up, but i decided to hold off on installing. All of a sudden, screen went black and I have not been able to restore. I was still able to connect to the AC and fire up the motors, but couId not see anything on the controller display. I just got off the phone with DJI and I am sending it back in.

Last edited:
There should be a way to do a factory reset (from boot) on the android system. Usually involves holding down a button during boot up.
Google it and see if you can find instructions, or call DJI.

Tried the factory reset (C1, C2 and shutter button) many times with no luck. It is off to CA for diagnosis. Now I am just hoping for a quick return.

Got the drone and controller back from DJI today. Had the RC and AC powered up for about 10 minutes and the screen this time got all glitchy and than went black again. Did online support from DJI for about a hour w no luck getting anything to show on the screen. DJI Assistant would not recognize the AC or RC on 2 different computers (also tried 2 different cords). So frustrating. I was able to return the P4P+ package so I went with that option. I am now thinking about just getting the P4P. That seems like a better option anyways since I can get 3rd party apps. I sure hope I do not have this many issues with round 2 from DJI w/ the P4P. I had the P4P+ up in the air about 6 times in beginner mode in Dec with no issues. After that, it sat for a few weeks as I prepared for the Part 107 exam. Passed the exam and wanted to start using the P4P+ but had nothing but bad luck. Please let me know that it will get better!

Last edited:
Some automobiles are lemons for no good reason something is just wrong. I bet the new one will be fine.

Just curious since it was able to interact with the drone, could it have been a faulty wire to the screen inside?

There was something definitely faulty with the controller. While doing the online support, I kept asking what they did when they had in for service and I did not get much for an answer besides it was repaired. What really stumped me (as well as DJI) is why DJI Assistant 2 would not recognize either the AC or RC. I am counting on better luck with a P4P. The company I work for ordered it on Black Friday as a bundle with a bunch of accessories. I am now looking around online through some certified DJI vendors vs Amazon.

jwilbs: I’d second what Drone Turismo said above (if it’s not already too late). Our P4P+ controller is great and simple to use. Even the best companies/products occasionally have a mishap - and your original choice was still a good one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164