Preferred device to stream videos

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for a device that's capable of streaming the 4k video that comes off of our Phanton drones.

I've got an old Android settop box that doesn't quite have the horsepower to even play the 720p videos locally off of a thumb drive. I've got a PS4 as well but it doesn't seem to support either the mp4 or .mov videos that our drones record.

Basically what I want to do is store all my media on a Network Attached Storage device and I'd like a device that can remotely play this video (by connecting to an SMB/CIFS share or by using DLNA/uPNP). I don't want to have to transcode the video or re-encode it or anything like that. I want to be able to copy it right off the MicroSD and put it on my Network Attached Storage.

I'm trying to decide between a Roku 4 and the NVidia Shield (which runs Android). Do any of you have any experience or suggestions?

I bought an Apple Lighning to Camera SD Card Reader cable, plug the micro sd card adapter with sd card into the unit, and it transfers the photos and videos .mov or MP4 onto the iPad. But Neither file format is compatible. So what is the point of the adaptor cable? ;-)
Yes, those files will need to be converted as you said, so we must transcode or re-encode them first. Too bad.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj