Powering up without battery?

Reaction score
Hi all,
So my brother in law gave me his P2 vision plus to try and revive it. It had been crashed which caused the drop pins on the gimbal to break and the entire camera/gimbal came off. He had been flying it without the gimbal so the AC itself should be fine. I've reassembled the gimbal and reattached (all cables seem in good condition) the gimbal. Gimbal moves freely all seems well. Problem is, both batteries are now toast. Is there a way to power up the AC using a power supply to test the AC to see if its worth buying a battery?

* I have a great Idea *.....im sure that somebody that has a old "P2 Vision" flight battery thats No longer reliable for a flight...and they only use it for a inside the home tests to check Go apps settings........Hey maybe for only the shipping cost to you UP in Canada can ship it to you.....I sure would to help you out if i had one !......Stay tuned and hope that you get a few responses ! their's actually 4 connections to a Dji P3 SE drones battery to the input of my drone and im not sure what a p2 vision has.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
* I have a great Idea *.....im sure that somebody that has a old "P2 Vision" flight battery thats No longer reliable for a flight...and they only use it for a inside the home tests to check Go apps settings........Hey maybe for only the shipping cost to you UP in Canada can ship it to you.....I sure would to help you out if i had one !......Stay tuned and hope that you get a few responses ! their's actually 4 connections to a Dji P3 SE drones battery to the input of my drone and im not sure what a p2 vision has.
The P2 has the same connections. I jump started one battery and got it back to life somewhat. It tries to charge but shuts down after about 30 seconds. It does power up the AC and the gimbal does nothing, also no battery info in Dji vision, battery icon is greyed out and the AC flashes 3 quick red on the rear arms.
Screenshot_20190106-131013_DJI VISION.jpg

Last edited:
Its not worth repairing. It will fly without a working gimbal and the remote works perfectly but there's no AC batteries. Gonna put it up for sale for parts.

Reactions: Donnie Rose
If you still want to get into the hobby, the phantom series are good starting models, but finding out of production batteries and doing repairs as necessary would be as much as just buying a phantom 3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers