Power to video on P3p

Reaction score
Question: Does the video on a P3p stop recording when the battery is running very low before the props stop turning. ie does the system give priority to the prop drive over video recording?
The reason for the question: my P3p crashed into dense scrub land. I was recording at 1080p at the time. The file I have on my mini iPad shows video of the drone approaching the top of the bushes but not the actual crash. If I knew the answer to the above question it would be easier to calculate the exact position of the P3p crash side saving much machete work in the bush.
Also I read about files in the system which could help me but I have no idea how I access those files! Can anybody give me help on that problem. Thanks Terry Clark South Australi

No - video keeps going till the end ...

What you need is Phantomhelp Viewer .... DJI Flight Log Viewer

When my P3S went down - I just kept my tablet running and used its GPS .. as I moved - it showed me which way to proceed to get to same spot as the downed P3...

Here's how I found mine ...

I understand that you are talking about returning to find it after switching off ...

The viewer above will help ...

Nigel

Reactions: Oso
If you need help locating your Phantom, please post the link back here after uploading your flight log here.

Thank you solentlife so much for that info. It’s near midnight here, I will work on all that tomorrow. So much to learn and understand......Electronics has changed a little since I started my apprenticeship in airborne wireless and radar in 1953. Spent seven years flying drone (Jindivik) from 1967 to 1974 but as I said things have changed a little in recent years. Thanks again
Terry Clark
Adelai

When my P3S went down - I just kept my tablet running and used its GPS .. as I moved - it showed me which way to proceed to get to same spot as the downed P3...

I understand that you are talking about returning to find it after switching off ...

Nigel

Thanks Nigel for the info. I went to the “lost” site today (450km round trip) and spent 5 hours searching in dense bush. I did not find it :-(
I suspect it in the top of a group of trees approx 70 feet high with a canopy which spreads out and would hide from view...when viewed from below.... a P3p.
One reason for suspecting the tree top is that the take off point was on top of a sand dune, probably 90 or so feet high. When my P3p crashed the data read that the altitude was at -3.5 metres. Just prior to take off the P3p announcer lady declared that data had been updated. I assume from this comment that the system knew what it’s altitude was at take off point. Any comments on the above assumptions would be appreciated.
My current thoughts are that I buy a secondhand P3p. I am due to travel past the “lost” site later in the month then search from above. From GPS coordinates and video vision I have it pinned to an area 50yards by 50yards. If it is in the tree canopy and has not sunk too far in I might spot it from above.
Thanks
Terry

Fingers crossed ...

Also I read about files in the system which could help me but I have no idea how I access those files! Can anybody give me help on that problem
If you need help locating your Phantom, please post the link back here after uploading your flight log here.
Thanks Nigel for the info. I went to the “lost” site today (450km round trip) and spent 5 hours searching in dense bush. I did not find it
Terry, if you think you may make that long drive again to search it might be a huge help to follow the instructions in the links provided earlier so that your flight log can be analyzed by the resident geniuses here on the forum. It could save you from another 5 hour search. :)

Reactions: JoBe
The logs they are referring to are on your device (phone/Tablet). Upload it to the help site and these guys can point you right at the missing drone.

Nigel
Excellent tip Nigel, thanks for that

Thanks, my main computer is in for upgrade, should pick it up today. My main worry is that P3p may well be on the top of a 70ft, unclimbable tree.

@Bennaman

70'?
That is less than 4 pieces of PVC pipe.
You get one stuck in a unclimbable tree, your going to have try harder, 220' at-least. :rolleyes:

You only have one computer available to you?

You don't release how important that file is on your mobile device. :eek:

Get that iPad hooked to a computer with iTunes, retrieve that file, lets Phind the Fantom, we will be here all night to help you out. Well it depends on the time zone. ;)

Rod

Added: You were using DJI-Go?

Last edited:
Reactions: LarBear360 and JoBe
@Bennaman

Dang,
I lost at least one hour of sleep this weekend waiting for a post from you and most important your data file.

My dad (80) that is a Pilot said he would help look for it. Personally, I don't care to be in the air. He loves it. :rolleyes:

We will help you find it!
or is this a (hoax)?

Rod

Reactions: JoBe
Not sure but I think I uploaded my rogue fight file
DJIFlightRecord_2018-03-03_[13-25-31]txt

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-03-03_[13-25-31].txt
    785 KB · Views: 323
  • DJIFlightRecord_2018-03-03_[15-16-45].txt
    766.3 KB · Views: 361
Reactions: RodPad
Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and Bennaman
Yes the second one is my rogue flight? I will have a close look at that and see what I can decipher. Thanks

I looked at the log and it tells me all sorts of things, such as battery levels etc and altitude but what I really need to know is an exact GPS position of its last resting place the bush is so dense and the trees all have a dense canopy, and I suspect it is sitting in one of the trees hidden from the ground view by the canopy, in what is a National Park so chopping down trees etc is not an option. I had 16 satellites coming in how do I get at a triangulation of those incoming figures for an accurate fix?

I had 16 satellites coming in how do I get at a triangulation of those incoming figures for an accurate fix?
According to your flight log, the last location was -36.19804485, 139.656233. Your Phantom was flying at about 20 MPH at that time, so it's likely somewhere between that point and the water. I'm thinking you'd be close enough to see it with your eyes (assuming the bushes aren't hiding it) if you go directly to those coordinates.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj