Power Predator and Arris cm2000 from aux power?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I currently have a Arris CM2000 powered from my phantom aux power cable.
I have a predator, that currently has the filter board, so it can be powered directly from the battery balance cable.
I'd like to not use this to power the predator as its a pain to plug in every time i change battery.

Can I simply make the aux power cable from the phantom into a Y lead and power both the gimbal and predator? Is ok to not have the filter on that power, or is there an more optimal solution?

I've googled around and not found a definitive answer. thanks.

The AUX power wire provided on the Phantom is too thin and can not carry much current and there have been reports of problems arising from the AUX power lead such as fires in the worst cases.
I would not use the provided AUX wire to power the gimbal.
I have soldered heavier gauge wires to the same points on the board that the AUX wire comes from to power my FPV and gimbal and it is all working well.
I would recommend doing the same to anyone wanting to power FPV systems or a gibal.

I've been powering my 250mw Fastshark Tx along with my Arris CM2000 without much trouble.
I simply connected two male JST' connectors to the Aux Power so I could connect both up.
no problems so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik