Power available without battery?

Seems pretty unpractical and limiting for the drone to carry this wire with. What is the weight of the cable I mean what is the weight the drone must carry up.
It is probably good for uninterrupted control at some places where the ground system is not possible or insufficient.

Reactions: N017RW
Seems pretty unpractical and limiting for the drone to carry this wire with. What is the weight of the cable I mean what is the weight the drone must carry up.
It is probably good for uninterrupted control at some places where the ground system is not possible or insufficient.

Yupz!
Said similar in different post. The OP posted many threads as this is a marketing launch.

It's a solution to a problem many agencies/companies are facing. We need flight times much longer than 15, 20, or even 30 minutes over a very confined/narrow area.

Our department has been looking for a cost effective solution for 3 years now and this is the closest product to that so far. The very least expensive one we have actually seen in action was $14K and that was for the "basic" model which we had to add our own power supply (generator) etc.

This isn't a solution for every sUAS operator but it helps to fill a very much needed gap in what some of us do.

Just because it's not something that fits your needs/wants doesn't mean it should be discounted for everyone. What makes both of your comments even worse is that the Tether System exactly does what the OP was asking for when this thread was created. Come on guys... if it's not for you fine but don't junk up the forum trying to down the product without knowing anything about it at all. We're better than this.....

Its been posted on various forums - but Latvian small group developed a Multi-Rotor to lift not only power cable - but also water pipe and nozzle to clean Wind Turbine blades.

It was also demo'd to Fire Services as an alternative to man on a ladder trying to get water into fire heart. Not so crazy idea as it sounds ... Wind Turbines are usually higher than required for man on ladder with hose. That means - the Fire Fighting version can lift a larger more powerful shorter water system.

Some of the tech was developed and tested in my local airport when we were RC flying that made its way into the larger version you see here ... I live in Ventspils.

Reactions: BigAl07
My skepticism is retrofitting a Phantom or similar drone.

Purpose built equipment designs/solutions are a completely different discussion.

My point was that to be really effective and practical - IMHO means purpose designed and larger than our machines.

Some time ago - I wondered if a variation on the stadium rigged type camera could be created.

Dunno how many know about them - but its common for a stadium to have wires across the field high up. The camera drone then uses these for power and ensuring they never fall ...

Would it be possible to create a portable de-riggable version ?

Is there any way to power the drone without having to use the battery, meaning an electrical hookup.
I crashed my P 3 in water a couple years back. Didn't want to invest in a new battery if the drone was shot. I hooked the power supply up using the battery's board and it worked. I never started the motors, but the gimbal and camera worked fine.

How would the various systems react to a power source other than what passes through the smart board ? Wouldn't the smart board be looking for individual cells as well ?

Watching the 'Lifeline' video - appears that the 'block' inserted into the battery slot may be mimicking the original Smart battery for that reason ?

Interesting the quick view of the 'power box' and all those XT60's being plugged in .... if they are all 4S LiHV packs !

I am not very technical so pardon me if I do not explain very well. but the working principal behind is disabling the smart board such that you will not get the error when connected to other power supplies.

the reasoning behind the multiple packs is to ensure that the Lifeline is Airline Portable. Each battery is less than 99Wh (if i remember the units correctly) which technically allows it to be carried on board aircrafts for travel

I am not very technical so pardon me if I do not explain very well. but the working principal behind is disabling the smart board such that you will not get the error when connected to other power supplies.

the reasoning behind the multiple packs is to ensure that the Lifeline is Airline Portable. Each battery is less than 99Wh (if i remember the units correctly) which technically allows it to be carried on board aircrafts for travel

As I understand it - battery capacity is accumulative for Airline carriage ?

Evident from the shipping restrictions imposed on retailers.

Reactions: N017RW

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl