Potential Motor issue - from some sand

Bug

Reaction score
Good afternoon all. The other day brought out my Phantom and checking the drone was turning all the prop motors and ONE sounded like it had some sand or something , just turning it by hand . I turned it over and blew on the Motor . I started my drone to see if the motor would work and it started fine . BUT I am concerned . My question is has anyone ever had some sand or dirt get in a motor ? And what did you do to correct this Grind sound issue , as I said it sounds like there is some sand or dirt in the Motor ?
Thanks
Douglas

Reactions: Adventures
I bought a second hand P3P some time ago that had crashed and had gravel and sand in one of the motors.
I ended up dismantling the motor so I could get at the motor shaft's two bearings as well as the rest of the motor..
You could try just blowing it out with an air gun. You don't want to have not too much pressure, in case you blast the hall effect devices off.

Great Thanks !!!! I tried the blowing out thing , will keep you posted . I am surprised A that your the only responce , BUT I really appriciate it !
Many Thanks Douglas

Good afternoon all. The other day brought out my Phantom and checking the drone was turning all the prop motors and ONE sounded like it had some sand or something , just turning it by hand . I turned it over and blew on the Motor . I started my drone to see if the motor would work and it started fine . BUT I am concerned . My question is has anyone ever had some sand or dirt get in a motor ? And what did you do to correct this Grind sound issue , as I said it sounds like there is some sand or dirt in the Motor ?
Thanks
Douglas
Glad you got the sand out. I had it happen with my Mavic Mini so far so good with my P4. Luckily my son was able to dislodge it. See photo.
315F170B-1374-49CA-A185-CEB96CFE1D17.png
I now always use a takeoff/landing pad.

Glad you got the sand out. I had it happen with my Mavic Mini so far so good with my P4. Luckily my son was able to dislodge it. See photo.View attachment 118324 I now always use a takeoff/landing pad.
I am another phantom owner that got caught in the Mavic mini hype. The difference is rather striking. But it does have its good points, not the motors though. The phantom motors are extremely strong by comparison and can take some abuse. Glad you got your mini ones cleaned. Fly safe, have fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers