*** Posting About Your 107 Results? POST IT HERE!

Did you find the test easy or hard?

• It was easy for me!

• It had some challenges but I got through it OK.

• I found it difficult.

• I haven't tested yet but plan to.

• I'm don't plan to take the test.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've joined the club. Passed with an 87. 4 questions were on the test that I had never seen and didn't see covered in any study guide. I did not get any TAF questions and I really studied those!

Anyway, I passed, that's what counts.

I want to thank everyone here. I learned a lot that applied to the test just from reading posts here on the forum.

You recall the subject of the 4 questions you’d not seen before?

Well, I got 95%, but think I should have gotten 98% as I'm sure two of the three questions marked wrong, were actually right. I was hoping for 100, but there was one question I had no clue about, and guessed wrong: "How long must you wait to apply for certification after being convicted of growing marijuana"? The answers were 6 months, 12 months, 18 months. I incorrectly guessed 18 months.

Most of the questions I hadn't seen before; but were also generally easier than I was expecting.

The other two other questions I missed were:

It's 40 minutes before sunrise, when can you start flying your sUAS?
10 minutes (I picked this one)
40 minutes
70 minutes

What are the symptoms of hyperventilation?
Light-headedness (I picked this one)
Slow Breathing
Relaxed state of mind {can't remember the exact phrase}

10 min is the only legal answer. 30 before sunrise and up to 30 min after sunset are the beginning and end of legal flight without a Waiver.

But it would be a bit harsh to get arrested at the test center for giving one of the other answers¡

And if I were there, or even taken the recurrent test yet, I might worry about it...[emoji3]

As it is, I’m just a citizen discussing Part 107 rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: sar104
I took my test today and scored 93%. It wasn't much of a challenge to me, with exception of the METARs and TAFs. I have been a member of EAA for 16 years, though, and have been hanging around at airports for much of that time, including being a board member of one of the most active EAA chapters, so I've absorbed a lot of information over the years hanging out with pilots.

Reactions: ARAerial
Today ,l passed my Remote pilot test 107
with a score of 80%

I glad I passed it first go round [emoji108]
Dwayne Ewens
Missouri City TX

Over 2 years ago, I passed the FAA 107 test with a 70. Before taking the recurrent test, I decided to prepare with the DARTdrones course. This course does a good job of covering all the knowledge content and allows for taking frequent practice tests. After getting 100’s on the practice tests, I took the actual recurrent test and got a 95 easily.

Reactions: sar104
Over 2 years ago, I passed the FAA 107 test with a 70. Before taking the recurrent test, I decided to prepare with the DARTdrones course. This course does a good job of covering all the knowledge content and allows for taking frequent practice tests. After getting 100’s on the practice tests, I took the actual recurrent test and got a 95 easily.
Do they have a course specific to the recurrent test?

Just found this thread; passed with 92% in Sept of 2019. Woulda, coulda, shoulda been better, but oh well.
Good to see so many others here take the test and pass!

Lots more on charts and airspace than I expected, but passed the test easily. Study EVERYTHING about airspace and charts. The rest is pretty intuitive.

Took and passed the RP sUAS recurrent at Palomar Airport today. I was happy with the 98%, same as two years ago. A lot of questions on the charts and the regs behind the chart info. I spent about 3 hours per day studying for the last week and a half. Having 35 years experience as fixed wing ATP is always helpful :)

Reactions: hyip2
Pass the Recurrent 100%
April 6, 2021.

Passed my Recurrent also 100%.
Mom will be so proud....!

And the new tests is way simpler than the last time I did this 2 yrs ago. Surprisingly simple actually. Not a thing about airspace or charts. Or weather....
Except for asking if the Remote PIC should check weather conditions Before, during or after a flight to determine safety.

Maybe it shouldn't be THIS simple? But happy to renew, and not pay another $150 to do it.

Last edited:
Passed my Recurrent also 100%.
Mom will be so proud....!

And the new tests is way simpler than the last time I did this 2 yrs ago. Surprisingly simple actually. Not a think about airspace or charts. Or weather....
Except for asking if the Remote PIC should check weather conditions Before, during or after a flight to determine safety.

Maybe it shouldn't be THIS simple? But happy to renew, and not pay another $150 to do it.
How much time did you spend on the recurrent? How long does it take?

Hard to say. I didn't do the whole thing at once. Had to keep putting it down. I started yesterday and finished it this morning.
They say at the beginning its about 2 hours total if you did it in straight line. And that's because it's a mini-training course with info on the new rules as of April 2021.
So you go though each section, answer a couple of very easy questions to verify you understood that portion. Then onto the next section.
Then when you get through it all and you have Green checks on each section, it lets you hit the button for the EXAM.
And that didn't take me 15 min I don't think.
Nice that you don't have to do it all at once. Because you are logged into your account it keeps track of what sections you've completed and you just go from where you left off.
Pretty painless all in all.

Reactions: skeptic49
Hard to say. I didn't do the whole thing at once. Had to keep putting it down. I started yesterday and finished it this morning.
They say at the beginning its about 2 hours total if you did it in straight line. And that's because it's a mini-training course with info on the new rules as of April 2021.
So you go though each section, answer a couple of very easy questions to verify you understood that portion. Then onto the next section.
Then when you get through it all and you have Green checks on each section, it lets you hit the button for the EXAM.
And that didn't take me 15 min I don't think.
Nice that you don't have to do it all at once. Because you are logged into your account it keeps track of what sections you've completed and you just go from where you left off.
Pretty painless all in all.
Great, thanks for that explanation. Sounds like it works similar to the PADI on line scuba course I'm taking currently. I'll have to log in and get started after I finish the scuba course.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic