*** Posting About Your 107 Results? POST IT HERE!

Did you find the test easy or hard?

• It was easy for me!

• It had some challenges but I got through it OK.

• I found it difficult.

• I haven't tested yet but plan to.

• I'm don't plan to take the test.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Has anyone ever requested accommodations to take the test? I have a slight vision issue that requires me to use larger printed fonts. I saw they offer the accommodation to have someone read you the test. However, I cannot get ahold of anyone at PSC (the test administer) to establish the accommodation request. Any help from you folks would be much appreciated.

They will allow you to take in a magnifying glass. I'm not aware of any version of the Knowledge Test Supplement that incorporates larger fonts/graphics. Having someone read for you won't be much help when looking at sectional chart snippets.

I appreciate your quick reply. I spoke with PSI and they will allow me to take an electronic magnification tool into the exam. Should be all set to go!

Took the recurrent test yesterday...overall it was pretty much as expected...five or six tricky questions that I had to guess on...85% :) ...adding...I brought a magnifier with me - it was useful

Reactions: BigAl07
I took the 107 recurrent today and had the good fortune to only miss one question—98%.

There were 2 questions similar to this question.

What is the most important component of CRM?
A) An SMS
B) Coordinating operations and resources
C) Weekly meetings

I do not have perfect recall, so the wording was likely slightly different.
Since I wasn't absolutely sure as to the correct answer, I hedged my bets and answered one version with answer A, and the other version with answer B.

I think the correct answer is likely B, but I'm not sure. I'd love to get other people's input on this. I do know SMS means Safety Management System. Answer C, weekly meetings is clearly wrong.

About that CRM question, my guess would be B. Here is what the PHAK says:

"While CRM focuses on pilots operating in crew environments, many of the concepts apply to single-pilot operations. Many CRM principles have been successfully applied to single-pilot aircraft and led to the development of Single-Pilot Resource Management (SRM). SRM is defined as the art and science of managing all the resources (both on-board the aircraft and from outside sources) available to a single pilot (prior to and during flight) to ensure the successful outcome of the flight.

SRM (CRM) training helps the pilot maintain situational awareness by managing the automation and associated aircraft control and navigation tasks. This enables the pilot to accurately assess and manage risk and make accurate and timely decisions."

I've joined the club. Passed with an 87. 4 questions were on the test that I had never seen and didn't see covered in any study guide. I did not get any TAF questions and I really studied those!

Anyway, I passed, that's what counts.

I want to thank everyone here. I learned a lot that applied to the test just from reading posts here on the forum.

Reactions: N42742
I used the ASA Prep Book and App and scored a 92%. The test was a bit different than the prep and many questions I never saw in the book or app. But all the ones I missed were map questions outside of one odd ball weather question (Not METAR based)

Passed (90) after studying pretty intently for the past week at lunch and this past weekend. Thank you Lord.
Also took the Gold Seal online course this past year and revisited several times recently. Study the FAA provided sample materials.

Did the gold seal course help you tremendously or did you just take the practice exam on there site? I’ve been wanting to do a class, but not sure which one to enroll in. I did do my private pilot a while back but never completed it due to lack of funds. I have done a dart drones class before and been flying drones for around 3 years for fun. I just really want to get my licenses now and make extra cash. Any advice on which course to go with you help. Thanks

I took the test this morning with a passing score of 98% (missed one question out of 60). Like most tests of this type, there were some ridiculously easy questions, some moderately difficult ones, and a couple of real head-scratchers.

My preparation consisted entirely of extensively studying the FAA Part 107 test guide and associated linked documents - in particular, the document outlining the regulation itself. and the Advisory Circular. I've never been a pilot, but I have a long and keen interest in aviation, so a lot of terminology, charts, etc. were at least somewhat familiar to me. My test prep cost only time, and no money. The test itself was $150.

Definitely know those sectionals, though - tons of questions on that. I would study some complex sectionals - I won't tell which airport they kept coming back to on the test that was complex, but you can use something like Orlando MCO as an example. Make sure you understand at any given point in, say, a 40-mile radius of MCO, what type of airspace you're in.

Also note that the chart legends are given to you, though unless you specifically check in the booklet, it may not be apparent and my proctor didn't mention this.

Glad to be through this - good luck to all of you going for the test. I found the prep to be somewhat fun, and definitely educational.

Reactions: sar104
Used the ASA Remote Pilot Test Prep book, in addition to reading the FAA free study guide, a few You Tube Videos (least helpful) for a combined study time of about 25 hours over the course of a week. Oh, and used the free tests offered by the ASA purchase. 95%

The three questions I missed simply caught me off guard and were not the areas I studied heavily. Without the study guides, the test would not have been easy.

Used the ASA Remote Pilot Test Prep book, in addition to reading the FAA free study guide, a few You Tube Videos (least helpful) for a combined study time of about 25 hours over the course of a week. Oh, and used the free tests offered by the ASA purchase. 95%

The three questions I missed simply caught me off guard and were not the areas I studied heavily. Without the study guides, the test would not have been easy.
Congrats! The first time I was gonna take the test I made an appointment...and quickly canceled after I did a little research. Studied for a month and passed no problem. Passed the recurring a few months ago. Welcome to Part 107!

Reactions: SF327
Thank you Joe and Rob. Appreciate the comments.

The 107 test is for commercial correct?
Yes, that is my understanding. Commercial covers a lot of ground. As a Freelance photographer, my landscape perspective just got 400 feet higher.

We normally think of Part 107 to cover commercial applications, but really, it's for anything that is not hobby/recreational flight.

I took the 107 recurrent today and had the good fortune to only miss one question—98%.

There were 2 questions similar to this question.

What is the most important component of CRM?
A) An SMS
B) Coordinating operations and resources
C) Weekly meetings

I do not have perfect recall, so the wording was likely slightly different.
Since I wasn't absolutely sure as to the correct answer, I hedged my bets and answered one version with answer A, and the other version with answer B.

I think the correct answer is likely B, but I'm not sure. I'd love to get other people's input on this. I do know SMS means Safety Management System. Answer C, weekly meetings is clearly wrong.

CRM is about using the crew and the resources (including the crew) to collectively make decisions. So B is the correct answer.

I took the online for Part 61 pilots, and aced it, but then again I am a CFI, so most of the material is a repeat from other tests and recertifications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.