Post Your Still Images Taken With the P4P!

31877734245_f98770e95d_b.jpg

Not much to shoot at this particular location...

First time flying any drone. Came from a photo background. I waited to jump in because to this point, they were all copters with a camera. They are now cameras that can fly. P4P+....a
DJI_0013 copy.jpg
bsolutely stunned by the quality!

Original file was JPEG with all default settings through camera app. Surprising amount of dynamic range / shadow detail in the file. Pushed the color just a bit in PS to see if it would start clogging up. Looking forward to see what the Raw file can deliver. These are very high quality and processing tolerant images.

I have taken similar photos with a SLR not thought about doing it with the Phantom. Just a thought............ would the P4P automatically stop you landing on water? Nice picture :)

(joonrhee and I were posting at the same time, I was obviously reffering to the water/sunset photo.)

Reactions: Bryan S
Original file was JPEG with all default settings through camera app. Surprising amount of dynamic range / shadow detail in the file. Pushed the color just a bit in PS to see if it would start clogging up. Looking forward to see what the Raw file can deliver. These are very high quality and processing tolerant images.
Although there's a strong idea that you must shoot raw to get the "best" images, I think that for most users, there's really no need to shoot raw at all.
This camera delivers perfectly good results as it is and if you need some extra work that's still possible with the jpg files.

I have taken similar photos with a SLR not thought about doing it with the Phantom. Just a thought............ would the P4P automatically stop you landing on water? Nice picture :)

(joonrhee and I were posting at the same time, I was obviously reffering to the water/sunset photo.)

If I remember correctly it was giving me a "beeping" warning as I lowered it into position. If I would've kept going, it would prevent me from moving further downward

This camera delivers perfectly good results as it is....
Perhaps with the proper settings and for the average Joe who doesn't really care about image quality, but there is plenty of evidence to the contrary even in this thread of some really nice images. Just run through what's been posted and look at the shadows. How many of those are too cool (towards the blue end of the spectrum)? Quite a few, and this is a fairly common with the P4P as well as the Mavic. Yes, you can make some color corrections in a jpeg image, but the image will be degraded the next time it is run through jpeg compression. RAW doesn't suffer from image degradation like that. Just my 2 cents. And that's pretty expensive as far as opinions go. ;)

Reactions: ATPhoto
If I remember correctly it was giving me a "beeping" warning as I lowered it into position. If I would've kept going, it would prevent me from moving further downward

Thats good. I know how hard it is to judge, or how easy it is to misjudge, the distance above water from the bank. If the drone itself can stop itself from going for a swim then thats a good thing. :)

Perhaps with the proper settings and for the average Joe who doesn't really care about image quality, but there is plenty of evidence to the contrary even in this thread of some really nice images. Just run through what's been posted and look at the shadows. How many of those are too cool (towards the blue end of the spectrum)? Quite a few, and this is a fairly common with the P4P as well as the Mavic. Yes, you can make some color corrections in a jpeg image, but the image will be degraded the next time it is run through jpeg compression. RAW doesn't suffer from image degradation like that. Just my 2 cents. And that's pretty expensive as far as opinions go. ;)
Yes, I know all that but I'd still say that for most users, they are wasting their time and storage on raw files.
Most users wouldn't notice any difference.
I know my clients don't - I shoot professionally and use jpg.
I'm very fussy about my images and I'm very happy with the results I'm getting with the P4P in jpg.

Yep, understood. Didn't mean to imply that you didn't say that. Glad to hear your clients aren't as fussy.

wow.
looking at these pictures they look like the ones that were posted on a canon t2i dslr camera forum that I was on.
great shots.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT