Post Your Latest Flight Record Total

I am an avid golfer, and I am dying to get flyover footage of golf courses. All my practice right now involves smooth turning and movement. I also need to remember to get the sky out of frame because it fouls up the exposure. I am finding it is hard to think about so many things at one time . . .
Welcome to the world of Photography. I shoot a couple of nice cameras, and have a ton of money tied up in it. Probably just past the novice level, close to Enthusiast level. SO I can pretty much figure out most of the Still photos set up, it's the video that I've not done any of before. But if it get's to be too much on any practicing day, I can say to heck with it and just start flying for enjoyment! It's a win-win for me lol!!

Golf course shots are a great idea. Get some ND/CP filters to balance out the light and get some great contrast of the greens and blues.

Those are good ideas and on my list of next things to buy. Trying to see what I can create so I know exactly what I am going to want. Filters seem like they are going to be a must for me.

Welcome to the world of Photography. I shoot a couple of nice cameras, and have a ton of money tied up in it. Probably just past the novice level, close to Enthusiast level. SO I can pretty much figure out most of the Still photos set up, it's the video that I've not done any of before. But if it get's to be too much on any practicing day, I can say to heck with it and just start flying for enjoyment! It's a win-win for me lol!!

I dabble in photography, which was probably led me to jump into the Quadcopter. Good news is that I understand all the terminology and numbers and what I am supposed to do -- execution is my issue. The fact that I can use Photoshop CC to edit my videos (just learned this yesterday) is a huge win. One less piece of software I need to relearn -- though I have a long way to go in PS . . .

Reactions: acherman and snerd
Only a portion of my flights are shown in this image...

For some reason, every other flight won't sync between devices (Samsung Tab 4 7" and HTC One) and about 95% of them read "map loading" as the location. I have flights that I know I was recording the entire flight, but it reads 0:00 video recorded. I have flights that were 8 minutes long that supposedly recorded 26 minutes of video. I have flights where my mileage was over 1000m but my height max alt was 0m, as well as 15m flights with a max alt over 200m (even though I have never flown more than 100m high -- even have my limit set there). One flight, in 2 minutes I was apparently able to reach a max alt of 80m and a mileage of 1500m. There are flight logs for 06/07/2015, but the last flight was made 04/07/2015.

I think it's safe to say that the flight record is a little inaccurate...
Screenshot_2015-07-07-23-36-59-2.jpg

@snerd I do love long distance flights. I was pushing the bird out to about 13,000 to 15,500 feet most times on a stock setup.
Wow. I have a few questions for you:
How do you know it's far enough?
How many times do you lose signal going these distances?
How do you setup your antennas? Do you adjust them mid flight?
What happens when you go out of range? Does it worry you?

image.jpg

Wow. I have a few questions for you:
How do you know it's far enough?
How many times do you lose signal going these distances?
How do you setup your antennas? Do you adjust them mid flight?
What happens when you go out of range? Does it worry you?

Far enough is when I either start to lose FPV, flight controls or feel that RTH will not be an option. So I go with my gut feeling mixed with experience.

Depending on the conditions, ie weather, I may lose signal, mainly FPV, once or twice.

Antennas are setup/ tilted and aimed according to the manual. Nothing special. I do at times adjust them mid-flight to try to squeeze a little distance.

When it does go out of range it does bother me but the RTH feature has always been solid for me. I'm also constantly watching the live maps to monitor progress and in case the bird decides to play hide and go seek be able to recover it.

Reactions: 30secs
I have like 3 days with it and can't stop flying it. One question, when you flight the simulator, those hours doesn't get count here? It should! I spend a lot of time before to go to bed practicing and practicing. Atti mode, oci mode, etc.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437361596.093804.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik