Post Video Production, how to watch the videos?!

Reaction score
Alright there lads,

This forum is pretty dam awesome.

I've just flown for the first time indoors over a large table, it appeared that my P3P's sensors sometimes picked up the table, and sometimes didn't (it was flashing green slowly some of the time, and also yellow slowly some of the time, when it was yellow it seemed to drift like my pv2+ in atti mode). Does that sound about right?

Anyways, onto my main point. I was simply testing it and filmed the wall with pictures on it for 3 minutes.

That 3 minute file is 1.25GB and wont open in Windows Media Player. It will open in VLC player but with seriously bad lag.

My computer is a Sony Vaio windows 7 core i5 - I have zero idea what this means (new to all of this) but I assume it is not good enough to view the 4k videos?

So, without going and buying anything extra (I will get a 4k tv or pc in the long term, birthday is coming up!) whats my best course of action here - convert the files to 1080 or 720 before uploading/viewing/saving them?

If that is so, how to do this?

Hope the above info is helpful to others and thanks again to all that have been helping me so far in my p3p adventure! - So far one ***** outdoor flight and one ***** indoor flight but no crashes, hoorah!

The main problem is that memory to memory data transfers take a lot of time. In order to display each frame the data has to be transferred to screen memory and that stretches the capability of even the fastest PCs. The answer, as with most things, is to cheat and professional software uses the full file but displays in a lower resolution, also only the pixels that change are updated on the screen but that in itself takes some processing. It is best to keep the full file, particularly if frames need to be straightened or cropped. In order to edit and play 4K video you need an 8 Core processor, 16 GB memory and a RAID or SSD disk setup. Also of course the screen has to be able to display 4K.

Reactions: paulsheaves
The main problem is that memory to memory data transfers take a lot of time. In order to display each frame the data has to be transferred to screen memory and that stretches the capability of even the fastest PCs. The answer, as with most things, is to cheat and professional software uses the full file but displays in a lower resolution, also only the pixels that change are updated on the screen but that in itself takes some processing. It is best to keep the full file, particularly if frames need to be straightened or cropped. In order to edit and play 4K video you need an 8 Core processor, 16 GB memory and a RAID or SSD disk setup. Also of course the screen has to be able to display 4K.

Thank you for your help kind sir.

I have discovered that 1080 at 50fps appears to open and work fine post recording on my crappy laptop!

Alright there lads,

This forum is pretty dam awesome.

I've just flown for the first time indoors over a large table, it appeared that my P3P's sensors sometimes picked up the table, and sometimes didn't (it was flashing green slowly some of the time, and also yellow slowly some of the time, when it was yellow it seemed to drift like my pv2+ in atti mode). Does that sound about right?

Anyways, onto my main point. I was simply testing it and filmed the wall with pictures on it for 3 minutes.

That 3 minute file is 1.25GB and wont open in Windows Media Player. It will open in VLC player but with seriously bad lag.

My computer is a Sony Vaio windows 7 core i5 - I have zero idea what this means (new to all of this) but I assume it is not good enough to view the 4k videos?

So, without going and buying anything extra (I will get a 4k tv or pc in the long term, birthday is coming up!) whats my best course of action here - convert the files to 1080 or 720 before uploading/viewing/saving them?

If that is so, how to do this?

Hope the above info is helpful to others and thanks again to all that have been helping me so far in my p3p adventure! - So far one ***** outdoor flight and one ***** indoor flight but no crashes, hoorah!
KMPlayer works for me. No stuttering on a i5 with ssd. VLC is my usual choice but would not play right. I did find that playing it back at the slowest rate would allow it to play. Kind of disappointing to find out my P3P will record at 4K but I can't view them.

Reactions: paulsheaves
KMPlayer works for me. No stuttering on a i5 with ssd. VLC is my usual choice but would not play right. I did find that playing it back at the slowest rate would allow it to play. Kind of disappointing to find out my P3P will record at 4K but I can't view them.

Yeah i feel like that too - but, this is technology, i also had to go buy a new ipad just for this. So I guess a new 4k device (tv or computer, or computer with a tv monitor) will be purchased soon!!! ££££££!!!

For you guys looking to upgrade, check out the new Dell Inspiron 7000 laptops with UHD display and discrete graphics, only $1099. Heck of a deal if you want to be able to view and edit native 4K content.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers