possible solution to downgrade the firmware...

I've grounded my bird as of today. The "wind compensation" bug is absolutely pathetic. I was trying to film the first of three projects today, but my Phantom doesn't fly straight, and was unstable just trying to hover in spot.

Please fix the last update DJI.

I've grounded my bird as of today. The "wind compensation" bug is absolutely pathetic. I was trying to film the first of three projects today, but my Phantom doesn't fly straight, and was unstable just trying to hover in spot.

Please fix the last update DJI.
Not sure what this bug is that you posted. Was there much wind that you were fighting? Over 20 MPH wind will buffet the Phantom.

Not sure what this bug is that you posted. Was there much wind that you were fighting? Over 20 MPH wind will buffet the Phantom.

You can search for the thread. It's the one that is 70 replies long titled something like "phantom not flying straight". Supposedly version 1.5 is being tested by developers, and is being sent to beta testers. I'm trying to be patient. I really don't want to downgrade to 1.3.

You can search for the thread. It's the one that is 70 replies long titled something like "phantom not flying straight". Supposedly version 1.5 is being tested by developers, and is being sent to beta testers. I'm trying to be patient. I really don't want to downgrade to 1.3.
Sorry, I couldn't find that thread, and hadn't heard about this problem. Most everyone seems happy with the firmware. If you think it is a firmware issue, just go back to 1.3.2 to verify your suspicion.

It is possible to create a "hacked" firmware used to install older versions.

Actually, there are two ways:
1. Prepare a firmware which "cheats" that it is a newer version, but contains older version inside.
2. Prepare a firmware which uses rollback functionality

(note that I'm not saying it's easy, only that it's possible - the firmware has multiple checksums which have to be recomputed correctly after any modifications)

DJI have a special file identified as firmware "99.99.9999" and it has a special "rollback" function enabled. If you ever looked as your update log, it is likely you've seen update to this version at top of log file. (I'm not 100% sure about what that special firmware actually does)

My sources for the above:
- looking at various update logs found on the internet
- reverse engineering camera firmware, ie. function DjiUegPktHeaderCheck()

EDIT: Also, reading from the first page of this thread - there seem to be other downgrade methods.

Last edited:
Have a look at this video and forget hacking!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic