Possible Drone Strike - investigation outcome

Nature not tech this time... thank goodness.

Typical of the way our papers sensationalise things !

=========================================================================
Let's be fair - times have changed - and what passes for "journalism" these days has changed with it. And I suspect this is true thru-out the planet !

For example...look at modern television news. The time devoted to advertising keeps getting longer, and the time devoted to news keeps getting shorter. The job of the news journalist is to say or print ANYTHING to keep your interest long enough to get to the next series of commercials.

The average person's fear of new technology is not new - great for "journalists"....gives them something to catch the attention of such people long enough to get them to the next commercial.

Nothing new there - you can draw analogies to how the average person reacted, and how journalists handled the first automobiles. How many of you know about the silly restrictive laws that followed the appearance of the first automobiles ?

We've seen this many times in the last couple years -- screaming headline about drones hitting planes and helicopters and as yet I know of no event labeled as such that actually wound up being a drone. But, sooner or later there will be such an event and the headlines will scream and scream and scream. I doubt drones will ever be 100% banned, but I can see a day where only licensed pilots will be permitted to fly at all and even then severely limited.

Brian

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj