Possible Battery Issue ?

Reaction score
Sudden extra demand on the battery - sharp ascent, manoeuvre or just a wind correction can cause the battery light to come on, as the voltage will momentarily drop.

Older batteries will be worse for this, as their current capacity drops over time. I get this occasionally when at about 50% and then apply more power.

Solution is to fly more gently and just be aware that current demand has finite limits, so try and fly within this.

I was surprised one of mine triggered the low battery alarm briefly today, and it is almost new and had just taken off with over 90% remaining. Not sure but I only heard the audible alarm with no red indicator? - but maybe it did flash momentarily.
As it got higher there was surprising strong wind and it happened when that hit, the rest of the flight was normal but I only went down to 45% anyway.
I think this is to be expected if there is a sudden high demand and not necessarily something to worry about.
Not the same issue as the sudden autoland at first alarm - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17324

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj