Pop-Up Disclaimer In Go App Requesting Permissions?

Agreed.. My recollection though is that there aren't many access points to the falls from outside the park that give u clear line of site to the face of the falls. Clearest line to the faces of both US and Canadian Falls is from the Canadian side..
You can always try banking the control signal off large solid objects. That sometimes works without clear LOS, and at long range, the signal bends a little bit.

You can always try banking the control signal off large solid objects. That sometimes works without clear LOS, and at long range, the signal bends a little bit.

Perhaps some other time when my drone would not be hovering in front of Niagra Falls! ;-) But good infro... Using Itelite (straight not amplified).

Perhaps some other time when my drone would not be hovering in front of Niagra Falls! ;-) But good infro... Using Itelite (straight not amplified).
The good thing about Niagra Falls is that, with the RTH altitude set high enough, there is nothing above you to run into, and eventually LOS will be restored and you can sally forth, and keep going, testing the loss of signal altitude as you descend again. Just make sure you add a battery mod to the boosted DBS-02 range to allow for time to get it right! ;)

The good thing about Niagra Falls is that, with the RTH altitude set high enough, there is nothing above you to run into, and eventually LOS will be restored and you can sally forth, and keep going, testing the loss of signal altitude as you descend again. Just make sure you add a battery mod to the boosted DBS-02 range to allow for time to get it right! ;)

OK, tell you what. Let me know when you want to meet there and we'll try it with yours first. LOL

I don't recall a good launch that is out of the park. Based on the link posted earlier the Canada side is a no go. On the US side I didn't have any issues, and had park police watching what I was doing with no incident, but like a lot of places these days the rules are not all that clear even to the police and security folks. I checked the website and made a few call after the fact, and they do have regulations prohibiting UAS operation without permits which they will not grant. So my guess in the future I will be bringing my long lens instead of my drone.

I had the self authorisation yesterday when I flew into an "advanced warning zone"

I could clearly see the zone on my map and drone position on it.
Kept moving forward at the boundary got the message.

2 clicks and then i moved forward.

I posted this a couple hrs ago on another forum:

My subdivision is right next to a small airpark.I bought 2 tablets off ebay that I just received today.Downloaded the go app on each and of course no fly zone popped up and wouldnt let me the drone power up.I saw no option to turn of geo in settings but it wouldnt be the first time I was blind to something staring me in the face.So I went to the DJI website and agreed to the terms to unlock it,one of which says I have permission{which I dont}and now I can fly it.
I just wanted to test the tablets and see which one I liked better and if they had any lag because I'm going to need to turn around and sell one of them on ebay.I wasnt flying more than 20' up.I'm not going to flying anywhere near an airplane so having to do go through these hoops is a pain in the *** but cant do anything about it.

So then I come here and see this thread and this post and so I thought to myself let me try my iphone because I havent updated the go app to the latest version so maybe thats why I didnt see it on the tablets.So I hook up iphone and sure enough that option is there plain as day.
So I get one of the tablets and open the go app again and that option is now on there,I swear it wasnt there before.
Now Im pissed I signed up for that **** unlocking thing and gave them all my info and then lied about having permission!:mad::(:eek::D

But that should only pop up if you're in a designated area that requires permission.. e.g. close to a small airport where calling the control tower is required. NFZs are still treated the same..

Here's a thread on the DJI site:
A word about GEO, please read

You can look at the DJI Maps here just plug in the zip or location you want to fly:
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map

Can you clear something up for me? I live right next to a small airport and I cannot takeoff now with latest update without permission.
Are you saying turning off geo in app will let me fly it?
Ok has anybody actually tried turning off geo when near airport to see if it would work? I'm still testing out these tablets,was just in my backyard and tried ipad mini first.It warned me I was near airport but let me fly without having to do anything,and this was with geo turned on.
So I switched to the galaxy tab 4.Would not let me takeoff because i was near airport.Went into settings and turned geo off.Would not let me start.Went back into settings,geo was on! Everytime I turned it off and then went back into menu it was turned back on again no matter what I did.So I thought I'd reboot the tablet and turn geo off from the getgo.Still same problem,would not let me takeoff without signing into dji and unlocking the no fly zone.The geo would automatically be on everytime I went back into settings.Even if I just went into settings,turned it off,escaped out of settings then went back into settings and it was back on again.So I have to say WTF!?

Turning GEO off, when it is working correctly, will not help if you are still inside a NFZ, as the NFZ's are the only alternative, when you turn off GEO in the app.

Maybe because...
You may want to look at
Prohibited airspace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What you clicked was signing DJI off of legal for flying in restricted airspace without permission
leaving it to you alone to defend your position. I personally don't care what you do but someone does and they have a map and rules and stuff... up to you to chose what to believe. The authority don't care what you believe that's for sure as they made the restriction in the first place and it applies to all aircraft. If you get permission then you are golden and covered your @ss
www.opspeculate.com

Attachments

• 20160715_091852sml.jpg
    20160715_091852sml.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 272
I'm pretty heated about one aspect of this. DJI's NFZ would simply stop your bird mid flight if you met the border of a NFZ.

Today I was flying with my P3A and Headplay, about 4,800 feet away, 400 feet off the deck with absolutely clear line of site, at least for the TX/RX. Then the video just stopped. Signal lost on both RC and Video. I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. Looked down at my Shield K1 and there is this message that we are starting to become familiar with.

10351497_dji-expands-no-fly-zone-tech-keeps-you_t96d82f85.jpg

<NOT MY SCREEN CAPTURE FOUND ON GOOGLE>

FINE! I understand the need for more safety measures. But for heaven's sake, why, WHY, terminate video and control transmissions?????

I will certainly turn this off. I like the original NFZ that merely stopped the bird like it hit a soft force field. This made me extremely angry not to mention scared the bejeezus out of me.

I was flying last week and got to boundary of geo NFZ.
I had the pop up come through on my tablet.
I did not loose video or control.
Maybe it was a system glitch your end ?
I am going to go to boundary of the NFZ and experiment and see what happens sometime soon.
From what DJI have said it will auto land if you continue to push forward, there is a 30m border.
If it auto land you can throttle up and maintain a height of 20m until you are outside the zone.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I'm pretty heated about one aspect of this. DJI's NFZ would simply stop your bird mid flight if you met the border of a NFZ.

Today I was flying with my P3A and Headplay, about 4,800 feet away, 400 feet off the deck with absolutely clear line of site, at least for the TX/RX. Then the video just stopped. Signal lost on both RC and Video. I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. Looked down at my Shield K1 and there is this message that we are starting to become familiar with.

View attachment 60570
<NOT MY SCREEN CAPTURE FOUND ON GOOGLE>

FINE! I understand the need for more safety measures. But for heaven's sake, why, WHY, terminate video and control transmissions?????

I will certainly turn this off. I like the original NFZ that merely stopped the bird like it hit a soft force field. This made me extremely angry not to mention scared the bejeezus out of me.
The loss of signal makes no sense. If it loses signal, it doesn't know where the bird is, and it should RTH, not pop up a location based authorization request. How did you determine that the video recording had stopped? Or, did you mean the FPV normally seen on the tablet was replaced by the authorization message? This is not normal GEO behavior.

The loss of signal makes no sense. If it loses signal, it doesn't know where the bird is, and it should RTH, not pop up a location based authorization request. How did you determine that the video recording had stopped? Or, did you mean the FPV normally seen on the tablet was replaced by the authorization message? This is not normal GEO behavior.

FPV normally seen on the tablet stopped. Once the dialog was cleared by acknowledging the message video returned. However, after returning home I discovered that video recording continued unhindered. I'm thinking this was a fluke. Will have to try out another flight.

FPV normally seen on the tablet stopped. Once the dialog was cleared by acknowledging the message video returned. However, after returning home I discovered that video recording continued unhindered. I'm thinking this was a fluke. Will have to try out another flight.
That is reassuring. Obviously, any authorization requirement may take over the FPV view to encourage authorization. The recorded video, and the transmitter control, should remain intact during the required authorization. It appears that they did. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20