Pop-Up Disclaimer In Go App Requesting Permissions?

Reaction score
So I took a trip to Niagara Falls and was going to fly from the US side and when I fired up the app and got ready to go a pop-up flashed on the screen. I was not really sure what it was and I checked both of the boxes, but this is the first time I have seen this. One asked if I had authorization to fly in the area, and the other was some kind of release of liability. Has anybody else seen this? The park rangers said there was no issue flying, so I don't know what that was. Any ideas?

Reactions: MPPilot
So I took a trip to Niagara Falls and was going to fly from the US side and when I fired up the app and got ready to go a pop-up flashed on the screen. I was not really sure what it was and I checked both of the boxes, but this is the first time I have seen this. One asked if I had authorization to fly in the area, and the other was some kind of release of liability. Has anybody else seen this? The park rangers said there was no issue flying, so I don't know what that was. Any ideas?
I have only seen this on the Beta app which has now expired.

It happened to me when started the bird in my house after updating to the latest Go App to check it out...I asked myself for authorization and I said yes then checked the boxes and all was good....:)

Last edited:
For now, you can also turn off GEO in the app, and use the NFZ's instead.

How do you turn it off?
Revert GEO to NFZ in DJI GO while connected to the aircraft
- This can be done in the General Settings page of DJI GO when the aircraft is in the country where GEO is in operation.
- This will need to be done for each aircraft, and will persist with aircraft power cycling.

Revert GEO to NFZ in DJI GO while connected to the aircraft
- This can be done in the General Settings page of DJI GO when the aircraft is in the country where GEO is in operation.
- This will need to be done for each aircraft, and will persist with aircraft power cycling.
I still can't find out where I go to revert.

I am using 2.8.4 for IOS and I don't see what you are talking about but wold like to take advantage of the feature.

Ah I should have know it was a DJI thing. Here I was all freaked out already trying to get some shots over the falls, and then this thing has me thinking I am going to get in some kind of trouble. Well I did the same thing in that I just checked the boxes and out I went. The footage over the falls was worth the price of admission.

Reactions: Digdat0
Ah I should have know it was a DJI thing. Here I was all freaked out already trying to get some shots over the falls, and then this thing has me thinking I am going to get in some kind of trouble. Well I did the same thing in that I just checked the boxes and out I went. The footage over the falls was worth the price of admission.

Your album is Private, we can't see it.

Reactions: HWCM
I still can't find out where I go to revert.
image.jpeg

Ah I should have know it was a DJI thing. Here I was all freaked out already trying to get some shots over the falls, and then this thing has me thinking I am going to get in some kind of trouble. Well I did the same thing in that I just checked the boxes and out I went. The footage over the falls was worth the price of admission

Nice shots! How was the updraft wind like from the falls? Did your aircraft get wet at all??

Thanks;

No updraft that I could tell, but I stayed at about 80 feet off the water. There is a plume of mist that you have to stay out of or it could get really wet. I made three flights and always came up dry. I am working on editing the video, but the raw footage is pretty amazing. I will post it up when I get them done.

Reactions: Digdat0

GEO is something we should become familiar with. It will help identify warning and NFZ in areas where you may be flying for the first time. It is also something the FAA expects we all are aware of.

Not sure who you spoke with at Niagra (wish it was someone I connected with).. but flying on either side is not allowed without specific permission. There are tons of videos showing that people have not followed that. I directly asked the Park Police office for that permission on the U.S. side who said that it is not legal in the State Park. Nice shots though..

Canadian Side:

UAV/Drone Use in Niagara Parks

Last edited:
Here is the exact verbiage that pops up now before I can take off:

"I have the authorization (if required) to fly in this location."
"I bear full responsibility for my flight here."

There is a check box in front of each statement. Both boxes must be checked before you can take off. I thought it was a North Carolina thing but I guess not.

Here is the exact verbiage that pops up now before I can take off:

"I have the authorization (if required) to fly in this location."
"I bear full responsibility for my flight here."

There is a check box in front of each statement. Both boxes must be checked before you can take off. I thought it was a North Carolina thing but I guess not.

But that should only pop up if you're in a designated area that requires permission.. e.g. close to a small airport where calling the control tower is required. NFZs are still treated the same..

Here's a thread on the DJI site:
A word about GEO, please read

You can look at the DJI Maps here just plug in the zip or location you want to fly:
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map

GEO is something we should become familiar with. It will help identify warning and NFZ in areas where you may be flying for the first time. It is also something the FAA expects we all are aware of.

Not sure who you spoke with at Niagra (wish it was someone I connected with).. but flying on either side is not allowed without specific permission. There are tons of videos showing that people have not followed that. I directly asked the Park Police office for that permission on the U.S. side who said that it is not legal in the State Park. Nice shots though..

Canadian Side:

UAV/Drone Use in Niagara Parks
Flying from the State Park is prohibited, but not flying over it, as long as you aren't flying recklessly. Fly from further away outside the State Park, if you have the control range and the battery power to support the flight. Crashing in the State Park is not an option! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JayS_CT
Flying from the State Park is prohbited, but not flying over it, as long as you aren't flying recklessly. Fly from further away outside the State Park, if you have the control range and the battery power to support the flight. Crashing in the State Park is not an option! ;)

Agreed.. My recollection though is that there aren't many access points to the falls from outside the park that give u clear line of site to the face of the falls. Clearest line to the faces of both US and Canadian Falls is from the Canadian side..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl